Guess I f-ed up today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want what you want, and I get it, but here are some thoughts on side chargers. When an AR goes Kaboom... which is rare, the design, as is, takes the top rail and blowes it up and peals back slightly, the left side swells and directs pressure down into the mag well the right side with the bolt cover cracks at the two thin parts where the ejection port and barrel extension meet, and peals back slightly. Now, mill a slot in the left side, instead of swelling and directing pressure down, it now comes out the left side, if anything is on the left side to now blows out or off. The side charge bolt handle departs in a backward trajectory and the lowest side part peals back quite far, and your face is now on the side where most of the pressure is directed, instead of down and to the right. Now I have yet to see any real bad injuries from an AR coming apart outside of some eye and superficial cuts, but that changes to some serious cuts and parts imbedding once the left side is weakened.
That’s something I didn’t think about and definitely something to consider, so I appreciate your input. But, I’m a right handed shooter and the charging bolt is on the right side. Not the left, so, finger crossed, my ugly mug will be spared if there’s a failure of some kind 😂

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool! This was not directed at ANY one maker. This is not an indepth White Laboratory study, this is just what I have noticed after years of teaching (1998) AR stuff to all sorts of folks and entities. A right side charger is GREAT! NO PROBLEM, be wary on the left side is all I would say. In all I have seen 18 ARs spring apart. 7 side chargers on the left are almost always much more catastrophic and painful. Full auto gun are really cool when they come apart! But left side is bad! BTW I was blissfully ignorant of Bear Creek Armory untill I heard all youz guyz yapping about them. All the stuff I've seen come apart has been Colt, FN, a couple Saber, a pair of J.P.s and several Rock Rivers. You know that kind of junk!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The are checking all manufacturers data bases 😂what’s new. Youall just buy from individuals I guess?
I went back to the article after I made my comment and read it again; that's when I noticed that the article was posted back in Feb 2019, so my comment is no longer relevant. Either I have to read the 'fine print' better or y'all need to stop posting OLD stuff.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went back to the article after I made my comment and read it again; that's when I noticed that the article was posted back in Feb 2019, so my comment is no longer relevant. Either I have to read the 'fine print' better or y'all need to stop posting OLD stuff.
yea me too keep the place exciting

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool! This was not directed at ANY one maker. This is not an indepth White Laboratory study, this is just what I have noticed after years of teaching (1998) AR stuff to all sorts of folks and entities. A right side charger is GREAT! NO PROBLEM, be wary on the left side is all I would say. In all I have seen 18 ARs spring apart. 7 side chargers on the left are almost always much more catastrophic and painful. Full auto gun are really cool when they come apart! But left side is bad! BTW I was blissfully ignorant of Bear Creek Armory untill I heard all youz guyz yapping about them. All the stuff I've seen come apart has been Colt, FN, a couple Saber, a pair of J.P.s and several Rock Rivers. You know that kind of junk!
that is junk maybe they will take them off the market and build something safe!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who or what is this Bear Creek you all argue about? I would proffer this, if it has sprung apart it is now junk as it won't do any of the AR thingies it used to do before it came apart, I don't care as to what name is stamped/ etched/ milled into the metal on the side. 😁

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sincerely appreciate your input. I only mentioned the fact that it’s a right sided charger in case that was meaningful information.

Also… I have a Rock River. So that’s a little disheartening lol

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who or what is this Bear Creek you all argue about? I would proffer this, if it has sprung apart it is now junk as it won't do any of the AR thingies it used to do before it came apart, I don't care as to what name is stamped/ etched/ milled into the metal on the side. 😁
I was under the impression most uppers, lowers, and BCG were manufactured by a handful of factories anyway. Is this not correct?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ei,Ei,Ei, O.

Latest posts

Top Bottom