Guess I f-ed up today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a side charging BCG from bear creek and they sent the bolt carrier but no charging handle. Did some reviews and found out they’re pretty hit and miss with QC and lately their customer service is almost non-existent. Anyone ran into them before?

One of the last side charging uppers I bought from them didn't come with the handle. I emailed them about it and they had one to me within a few days. It was the first order they'd messed up on in over 5 years or so of me buying from them.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the last side charging uppers I bought from them didn't come with the handle. I emailed them about it and they had one to me within a few days. It was the first order they'd messed up on in over 5 years or so of me buying from them.
That’s reassuring. I’m glad to hear that

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a side charging BCG from bear creek and they sent the bolt carrier but no charging handle. Did some reviews and found out they’re pretty hit and miss with QC and lately their customer service is almost non-existent. Anyone ran into them before?
Buy junk, you get junk.

Last one I dealt with came with the gas tube installed upside down, they had to work hard to screw that one up.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right @Camo has had a few run ins with their QC.
Yes, it takes quite a bit for me to bad mouth a company ( everyone makes mistakes) but to screw up several times and refuse to own up is ridiculous. Getting anyone on the phone is near impossible and that take weeks to reply to an email.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it takes quite a bit for me to bad mouth a company ( everyone makes mistakes) but to screw up several times and refuse to own up is ridiculous. Getting anyone on the phone is near impossible and that take weeks to reply to an email.
Not True at all. Bait!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want what you want, and I get it, but here are some thoughts on side chargers. When an AR goes Kaboom... which is rare, the design, as is, takes the top rail and blowes it up and peals back slightly, the left side swells and directs pressure down into the mag well the right side with the bolt cover cracks at the two thin parts where the ejection port and barrel extension meet, and peals back slightly. Now, mill a slot in the left side, instead of swelling and directing pressure down, it now comes out the left side, if anything is on the left side to now blows out or off. The side charge bolt handle departs in a backward trajectory and the lowest side part peals back quite far, and your face is now on the side where most of the pressure is directed, instead of down and to the right. Now I have yet to see any real bad injuries from an AR coming apart outside of some eye and superficial cuts, but that changes to some serious cuts and parts imbedding once the left side is weakened.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be prepared for a possible visit. I'm pretty sure that ICE will be checking Bear Creek Arsenals customer data base, just like any other Federal law enforcement agency would do when conducting a 'raid'.
The are checking all manufacturers data bases 😂what’s new. Youall just buy from individuals I guess?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want what you want, and I get it, but here are some thoughts on side chargers. When an AR goes Kaboom... which is rare, the design, as is, takes the top rail and blowes it up and peals back slightly, the left side swells and directs pressure down into the mag well the right side with the bolt cover cracks at the two thin parts where the ejection port and barrel extension meet, and peals back slightly. Now, mill a slot in the left side, instead of swelling and directing pressure down, it now comes out the left side, if anything is on the left side to now blows out or off. The side charge bolt handle departs in a backward trajectory and the lowest side part peals back quite far, and your face is now on the side where most of the pressure is directed, instead of down and to the right. Now I have yet to see any real bad injuries from an AR coming apart outside of some eye and superficial cuts, but that changes to some serious cuts and parts imbedding once the left side is weakened.
Let’s see pics facts and articles from bear creek rifles blowing up and now just one incident where someone modified it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom