Guess I f-ed up today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want what you want, and I get it, but here are some thoughts on side chargers. When an AR goes Kaboom... which is rare, the design, as is, takes the top rail and blowes it up and peals back slightly, the left side swells and directs pressure down into the mag well the right side with the bolt cover cracks at the two thin parts where the ejection port and barrel extension meet, and peals back slightly. Now, mill a slot in the left side, instead of swelling and directing pressure down, it now comes out the left side, if anything is on the left side to now blows out or off. The side charge bolt handle departs in a backward trajectory and the lowest side part peals back quite far, and your face is now on the side where most of the pressure is directed, instead of down and to the right. Now I have yet to see any real bad injuries from an AR coming apart outside of some eye and superficial cuts, but that changes to some serious cuts and parts imbedding once the left side is weakened.
That’s some good information, thanks for sharing it.
Stoner no doubt had these things in mind when he designed the charging handle as it is.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
*Update*

I just got a hold of them on the phone. I’ve been calling them everyday hoping someone would answer. I got through to the sales department today and they are sending me the part that I’m missing. So yay? Lol

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Lantac side chargers.

rAY4UIo.jpg

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Lantac side chargers.

rAY4UIo.jpg
I’ve seen a few chargers like that before I settled on the one I ordered. The thought of a charging handle flopping around on the side of it while it cycled just seemed odd to me 😂

I’m sure they’re stable and sturdy. It was just a thought I couldn’t get over lol.

How does it hold up?

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few chargers like that before I settled on the one I ordered. The thought of a charging handle flopping around on the side of it while it cycled just seemed odd to me 😂

I’m sure they’re stable and sturdy. It was just a thought I couldn’t get over lol.

How does it hold up?
There was no gas system. I wanted quiet and that BCG didn't have a regular gas key making it a straight pull.

Latest posts

Top Bottom