Gun dealers aren't gouging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An odd occurance is that even the rarely sold versions of AR-Whatever, are sold out as well. The super expensive/ overpriced BCG's, Like Wilson, etc.. are gone, just like the common man's DPMS, Spike and others. Ammo- 6000 rd bulk pack of .224 FMJ 50gr bullets- out of stock. Tracer- gone. Plastic lowers- soon to be gone. Even crappy Pro Mag & USA Mag 30 round mags- gone.

And no, they didn't ask for this mess to happen, but the dealers have to be loving the opportunity to clear out the stuff that sits on the shelf forever.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see how it's may not be Gouging, if a business expects to sell an x number of guns a month, and they know they won't be betting restocked any time soon because the demand will be so high everywhere. once they are sold out they won't have any income for that down time. it would be good business to limit one or two per customer. If they don't raise the prices there customers will resell them for a higher price.

or I could be missing something.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
with republicans firmly in control of the house i dont believe a ban is a given, and any one jacking up prices before hand is a thief plain and simple

I really don't think the ban is certain. I'm concerned enough to donate a little to the NRA already and maybe more depending on the tone of their statement tomorrow.

I think gun shops should charge what the market will support. It sucks but the threat of a ban has driven demand through the roof. They're not thieves for charging what people will pay.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly would it be so wrong to sell a few things on Gunbroker for whatever they bring and take the money and buy something top end like a SCAR, LMT or POF?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly would it be so wrong to sell a few things on Gunbroker for whatever they bring and take the money and buy something top end like a SCAR, LMT or POF?

Not in my book. If the demand is there, do it. I am half tempted to sell a few things right now, sit on the money, and buy more than what I sold(or better than what I sold) when prices and stock are back to normal.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of stock is one thing, I witnessed a dealer removing cases of 5.56 and .223 from the floor and putting them in his safe. I asked him if he was hiding them and got the nod.

Latest posts

Top Bottom