Gun dealers aren't gouging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is simple economics....supply goes down, prices go up. It isn't gouging if there is someone willing to pay for it, it is market price. Prices will only go as high as buyers allow them to.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.......I think u guys are fugged if you just now started to buy guns.

This is exactly what I said to some guys I saw last night at Academy that I knew...I was getting an ice chest, but when I asked them what they were up to, they replied "buying guns."....I told them they were late to the party if they were just buying now...

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on the dealers side. I'm making fun of the buyers.

The flip side of "gouging" is "hoarding". As in, you have X, Y, and Z that I don't have-- and I "need" some X, Y, and Z, therefore you are "hoarding" and must give to me (or to the government for equitable redistribution)

So yeah, gouge away and I will feel free to buy or not. Just don't come to me talking about hoarding.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at H&H earlier to pick up a .22 for plinking and noticed firearms prices (handguns anyway) have not been raised. Ya'll can bash and flame our LGS all you want but those folks are working as hard as they can and putting up with a bunch of crap and haven't gouged or raised. Support your LGS; they are under a lot of BS right now too.

It's a seller's market folks. Be nice to each other.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at H&H earlier to pick up a .22 for plinking and noticed firearms prices (handguns anyway) have not been raised. Ya'll can bash and flame our LGS all you want but those folks are working as hard as they can and putting up with a bunch of crap and haven't gouged or raised. Support your LGS; they are under a lot of BS right now too.

It's a seller's market folks. Be nice to each other.

h&h's prices were a gouge before all this nonsense

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind the prices, but I can tell you what I don't agree with. I stopped by a LGS today and there was a line of people waiting to get in. I waited in line for about 45 minutes and when I got to the door there was a sign saying basically "if you get nics delayed, we are canceling your purchase. We are not holding weapons for delays". I think that is a load of crap considering that is not the customers fault. A guy spends an hour in line, 30 minutes filling out paperwork and then gets a delay and you tear his 4473 up and send him out the door. I get delayed 9 out of 10 times so I decided to leave and not step foot in the store after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom