Gun Stores in Tulsa or Claremore / .327 Revolvers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will_Power

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here, and I'm posting on behalf of my dad (whom I've pointed over here and hopefully will be popping up in this thread).

I was back home last week and the subject of a suitable firearm for him and my mom came up.

1. I'm looking for some recommendations on quality gun / pawn stores with helpful employees and a good used selection in the Tulsa or Claremore areas. I've been away from Oklahoma for six years years and - oddly enough - only got into firearms after I moved. As such, I don't know which stores have a good reputation.

2. Also, I'm looking for a .327 Fed. Magnum or .32 H&R revolver for him. Specifically the Ruger SP-101, Taurus .327, or the Charter Arms .327. I'm trying to talk him into the Ruger, but budget is a consideration here.

Racking slides and loading mags has gotten too tought, so a revolver seems like a wise move. My 9mm (CZ P-01) has too much recoil for him, but he's able to shoot his FN 1910 in .32 ACP just fine. That's why I'm specifically looking at the .32 revolvers and not .38sp.

A revolver that he and my mother could load with .32 S&W Long to plink with and then either the H&R Magnums or the newer .327 Federal Magnums for self-defense seems like the best idea.

So, if any of you have a Ruger SP-101, Taurus .327, or a Charter Arms .327 sitting around that you aren't using and are interested in possibly selling, I'd sure like to talk to you.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my S&W Model 632 Pro In .327 Federal Magnum from Buds Gun Shop. I got the J frame snub nose model,.. Not the 3.5 inch.

It is my wife's gun but I love that thing. The trigger is so smooth. Like mentioned above, I would check Sportsworld. If they don't have it, they can order it.

Good luck.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would really try to convince him to go with the Ruger...you get something you know will perform, last and hold it's value, which can't be said for the other two (maybe kick in a bit to get him over the financial hump, it will be better for you both). I would also suggest looking at the Ruger GP100 in .327 mag, it's a little bigger and heavier but you get 8 shots instead of 5 with the SP101 (in a life or death situation, I'd MUCH prefer 8 over 5). Also, for some reason Ruger is no longer listing the SP101 in .327 magnum which might make them difficult to find. I read there were issues with extraction at one time but I have no idea if that's still a problem.

I've read a bit about the .327 magnum and while I'm a .357 magnum girl, the .327 seems like a good choice if you don't want the recoil issues with the .357.

jlineman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would really try to convince him to go with the Ruger...you get something you know will perform, last and hold it's value, which can't be said for the other two (maybe kick in a bit to get him over the financial hump, it will be better for you both). I would also suggest looking at the Ruger GP100 in .327 mag, it's a little bigger and heavier but you get 8 shots instead of 5 with the SP101 (in a life or death situation, I'd MUCH prefer 8 over 5). Also, for some reason Ruger is no longer listing the SP101 in .327 magnum which might make them difficult to find. I read there were issues with extraction at one time but I have no idea if that's still a problem.

I've read a bit about the .327 magnum and while I'm a .357 magnum girl, the .327 seems like a good choice if you don't want the recoil issues with the .357.
My son sent me the link to the site so I could read the replies myself. THANKS to all for your help and advise. Knowing no more than I do, I tend to agree with the advise here and his and still try to find a .327 to my liking. Also need to trade in or sell my Browning .32 automatic. It is a good gun, nothing wrong with it except my hands won't let me rack the slide anymore. I can get it done but when I die the wife sure won't be able to if she needed it. Therefore a revolver will work out best for both of us. I will continue to look around. I keep my gun for defense at the house as well as I carry it in the car on trips ( just in case of)

Latest posts

Top Bottom