Gun transfer question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy folks, I am going to sell a couple of long guns to a friend of mine at a very reasonable price. He would like to have some sort of registration or something for the guns. The problem is this... I don't have registration for these (nor do I need them as they are just shotguns). How could I do this?

Would a FFL holder be able to make some kind of documentation for this? Or should I just sell em to someone else :hyper:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he's worried about them turning out to be stolen or something, all he needs to do to cover his ass is to get a bill of sale from you, so he can show that he was a bona fide purchaser of them.

But if you want to sell them to somebody who is less of a dingleberry and believes in doing straight cash deals with no BS, you and I might be able to do business... depending on what you have and how reasonable the price is!

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no such thing as registering a firearm in Oklahoma. If would make him feel better about the sale, swing by the shop and I'll bring them on the books at no charge to you and do a background check on him. Technically there would be a paper trail of the firearms transferring from you to him, but all he needs is a handwritten bill of sale. If you want to swing by with the firearms and your buddy I'll transfer both of them for ya at no cost.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds mighty nice of you! I appreciate it, and we will likely go that route. I am certain the guns are on the up and up, but if he wants a paper that says so, I don't mind one bit. Thing is I am gonna wait until after duck season to do the transaction if thats ok with you :hyper:

Latest posts

Top Bottom