Gunman in a shootout with police at 21st and Yale in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was referring more about the guy who got shot being carjacked, but if I'm in WalMart and a nut job starts shooting at me, you can bet I'm taking cover first and then determining options. How long was he in WM?

I understood your statement, mine was for the benefit of the Commando Overkillers.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was referring more about the guy who got shot being carjacked, but if I'm in WalMart and a nut job starts shooting at me, you can bet I'm taking cover first and then determining options. How long was he in WM?

The people in the Honda were exchange engineering students from China.It's likely he didn't understand what was going on and didn't respond quickly enough.This is a terrible tragedy and people responding to this thread would be advised to be respectful and keep the keyboard commando stuff to themselves.This statement is not meant for anyone in particular.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have watched this on every news channel as well as read every local news site and you have the same conclusion as I do.

Sigh.......

I wish people would read the story before reaching conclusions.

If the police arrived at the house before this guy left,

They didn't know they were going to a hostage situation. They were going to a disturbance call, which is usually uneventful.

how in the hell did he end up inside a Walmart as well as carjack 2 different people (I understand the first attempt was unsuccessful). :scratch:

Probably because he was firing at the police from behind a hostage and from a moving vehicle. Neither of those is conducive to good target acquisition.

Then again, I understand the media isn't always as reliable as first hand accounts.

Then don't reach conclusions about incidents from those accounts and then start second-guessing those forced to make the decisions.

But it seems to me he shouldn't have made it out of Walmart, hostage or not.

And what would you be saying instead if they had hit a hostage? Or if someone else got hit by a stray bullet at a crowded Wal-Mart in broad daylight?

I'm going to guess you'd find a way to second-guess that as well.

The bottom line is that a committed, aggressive, ruthless suspect killed an innocent bystander before being successfully engaged by some brave folks under some extremely difficult circumstances who deserve better than your uninformed posts.

Michael Brown

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bottom line is that a committed, aggressive, ruthless suspect killed an innocent bystander before being successfully engaged by some brave folks under some extremely difficult circumstances who deserve better than your uninformed posts.

+1

Well said.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
with the BG spewing rounds all over... thank goodness more folks didn't get shot
kudos to the brave cops that had to deal with this up close and personal!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom