gunmen claiming the start of the revolution kill 2 officers and 3 others in Vegas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RIP Robert Wilcox. May we all learn to be more situationally aware and not let the tunnel-vision consume us should the need arise to defend ourselves or others. A threat in view may be one of several we don't see. Damn.

Rest in Peace, sir.

If you intend to involve yourself, you certainly need a clear understanding of whats going on.

This guy apparently walked right by the person that took his life.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you intend to involve yourself, you certainly need a clear understanding of whats going on.

This guy apparently walked right by the person that took his life.

I would suspect that it would be very easy to get tunnel vision and just zone in on someone that is brandishing a gun, or some how posing a threat, and not be completely aware of your surroundings.

Something to think about.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's a pretty old game by this point, but I kinda got a small lesson in this when playing Red Dead Redemption on X360. I know it's been discussed on here before, but it's an old-west style game where you run around saving people, hunting critters, solving mysteries and tracking down gangs of outlaws.

Anyways, there're some points in the game where you'll be doing something totally different and come up on a wagon being beset by a gang of shooters and someone sheltering from them, or someone running through the desert with people shooting at them, etc. Sometimes, if you simply try to come to the defense of the person being pinned down or chased, you will find out that the people you shot were actually lawmen trying to bring them to justice, but if you didn't take the time to assess the situation more carefully, it was easy to jump in on what "seemed" the side of right and end up getting gunned down by a posse of deputies because you made the wrong snap decision.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The latest John Farnam quip pretty much sums up many points for CCW and interventions with your weapon. www.defense-training.com/dti/quips/

Spot on...the Talisman discussion plays in here as well. Having a carry permit does not make one qualified or skilled enough to self-inject into a dynamic and evolving active shooter scenario.

Prayers out to the families of the fallen...

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spot on...the Talisman discussion plays in here as well. Having a carry permit does not make one qualified or skilled enough to self-inject into a dynamic and evolving active shooter scenario.

Prayers out to the families of the fallen...

Using that logic, the two LEO'S murdered weren't qualified to eat pizza while being officers of the law. Because they apparently, weren't paying attention to the situation around them well enough.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims.

Latest posts

Top Bottom