"Guns Across America" in OKC, post event reports...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only concern is that people were told that any surplus would go to NRA. That's why I'm putting this out there. We aren't going to do something other than what we said without making sure that the people who donated are OK with doing something different.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a good event and it definitely exceeded my expectations even with the short notice and limited resources. I'm very appreciative of the organizers and anyone who donated in any way. I chatted with a few folks there and everyone was very polite and pleasant. I also felt that the general tone and content of the speaches was powerful without being overly extreme for the most part.

I think the committee to help provide tools for self defense to those that couldn't otherwise afford it is a great idea. However, at this time I am more concerned about continuing the fight to preserve our freedoms. Once we have a better indication of what's going down on that front, then we can move on to arming more law abiding citizens.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed being part of this event and we left and went straight to the Canadian gun range in El Reno afterward so I could introduce the semi auto to a co-worker who has never held a gun and is signed up for a gun permit class in Feb.
He is now ready with the basic gun safety/handling skills for the class.

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't donate but I feel the money would be better spent through the NRA at least this year. In a better time for gun owners down the road your idea to arm more responsible law abiding citizens would be a fantastic one.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really appreciate the effort. It was an unqualified success.

Good times, and lots of people.

As for the surplus money, that's a good idea. However, just to throw some more ideas out there, maybe use it for another rally. We're not out of the woods yet with the idiots in power.

Thanks again and good job.

I agree, might be good to have another rally. I mean, we had quite a showing and that was with ~week of planning. Imagine what we could do with a month of planning.

I also agree that Dahm did a great job. I'm worried because he is a freshman senator, but he showed a lot of energy and passion.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed being part of this event and we left and went straight to the Canadian gun range in El Reno afterward so I could introduce the semi auto to a co-worker who has never held a gun and is signed up for a gun permit class in Feb.
He is now ready with the basic gun safety/handling skills for the class.

This needs to happen more often.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that it is a very good idea what you have proposed. And to think of it shows the kind of character that you have. Thank you for that. And for all that you and others have worked so hard for here lately. I am all for that. I know plenty of people right now that just don't have the extra cash to be able to get their license. Would be a great thing for them to. And it shows that we aren't the heartless murderers that the government portrays us to be.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bff and I were there and quite pleased with most of what we heard from the speakers. It was good to see as many women there as I did who were actually involved and not simply tagging along with the hubby. I was also quite pleased to see very few people dressed like mall ninja's and most people looking like normal respectable people.

There's one thing I heard that really needs to be repeated even more. I'm not sure which one of the speakers said it and I can't remember it word for word to quote but it was basically "it doesn't matter if you're black, white, Christian, Jewish, gay or straight, everyone has the right to be able to defend themselves". So often people drag their own opinions about religion, race, sexuality...into the mix when, in fact, we should be putting aside our own politics or morality and embrace each other in this battle to protect our rights. One speaker in particular went on about the removal of prayer in school being the root of all kinds of social ills. That's all well and good and if that's your opinion fine but it has no place in this situation. Not everyone believes in the same things and dragging personal politics and morals into the fight risks splitting the group instead of bringing them together. We need to work together to accomplish a singular goal and that's made even more difficult by bringing in personal prejudices. This fight is going to be hard enough so alienating people who are willing to fight with you is simply unacceptable.

We may not all agree with each others politics but for the common good our differences should be put aside. I keep hearing people using the word "liberal" as a negative term. There are a lot of "liberals" who are extremely pro-2A and bashing them constantly alienates their support when we need it most ( perhaps "anti-gunners" or something similar would be a better choice). Who is the current administration going to listen to...conservative republicans who aren't going to vote for them anyways or liberals who's votes are the ones that keep them in office? When pro-2A democrats and independents start expressing their disapproval of the Feinsteiners then the administration is going to listen. Hell, everyone should be changing their affiliation to Democrat and then besiege their representatives to vote no! I'm not saying everyone should change their own opinions on life but just put them aside for the greater good.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great event. Turnout was a lot bigger than I thought it was gonna be. Its a great feeling to see so many supporting this. okiebryan, you're the man. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

On the subject of arming those who are financially in the weeds... I like the idea but I do agree that we're not out of this, yet. I would like to see better sound equipment at the next one. And this is coming from someone who doesn't have the money, right now, to do my background check and finger printing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom