Guns you couldn’t bring yourself to shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got 2.

First up is an old 12ga single shot with a damascus barrel and a 75+ year old butt stock repair. No maker's mark.

Second is a mid 70's Marlin Model 60 with all tags and stickers still on it. It's an Otasco Diamond Jubilee special.

Neither is worth near as much as any that I fire on a regular basis. They're just...........special.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did have an Ohio Ordnance 1942 BAR rebuild, low 7xx serial number, unfired. After a month just had to fire it. As a retired navy seabee, I used the full auto version in the early 70's but this was still fun to fire. Didn't affect the value, almost doubled my money first day I put it up for sale. 2008, thought I wanted a bass boat more then the BAR. Now no rifle or boat.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s only been one time in my life that I owned a firearm that I could not bring myself to shoot. It was an unfired colt SP1 with a 1974 production date. It even had the G.I. issue scope mounted on the carrying handle. As hard as I tried to make myself shoot that firearm, I never could take it out and pull the trigger on it.

So here’s my question. Have you ever owned a firearm he just couldn’t make yourself shoot?
My John Wayne commemorative Winchester M-92 44-40, I think I'd only fire this if a battalion of Russian/Chinese soldiers were racing down the street towards me and it was the only gun I had.................the way the winds are blowing politically lately I guess I better get some ammo for it!

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns I own but haven't shot yet:

20210506_072920.jpg

IMG_5510.JPG

20210505_203945.jpg

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s only been one time in my life that I owned a firearm that I could not bring myself to shoot. It was an unfired colt SP1 with a 1974 production date. It even had the G.I. issue scope mounted on the carrying handle. As hard as I tried to make myself shoot that firearm, I never could take it out and pull the trigger on it.

So here’s my question. Have you ever owned a firearm he just couldn’t make yourself shoot?
!883 Parker 10 gage with proof barrels. It looked a little bit like the Parker Invincible that was found wrapped up in a corner in a very old home that was for sale in Morrestown, NJ. by a prospective buyer. The Parker I bought was from an estate that was more or less advertised as a yard sale item. It was in an old deteriorating leather case. Never fired I was told. The seller said no one was that interested in it. The sale sign on it just said old shotgun $300. I bought it for $250. In 1969 I traded it to a dealer on a 1962 Corvette with fuel injected 327. I fear he knew more about the Parker than I did. I never fired it even though I was given two boxes of brass 10 gage ammo. Too pretty to shoot I thought.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an unfired American 180 still wrapped in the bubble wrap it originally came in. It was purchased new by Fred Baker, the owner of Outdoor America Store in OKC. It's a neat little .22lr machine gun, but I will likely never shoot it either.

I had an American Arms 180 that was unfired for something like 15 years after I bought it. Finally broke down and shot it. Loved it!!! I had something like 8 of the 177 metal drums loaded. Really fun to shoot.

I have a few Pythons that I got from a friend that are safe queens. No boxes though. And I have enough other .357s that I take to the range (when I get the chance to go!!)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. When I was stationed in Pakistan, a friend and I got a three day pass and went up to Kabul, Afghanistan. While in Kabul, we stayed with other U.S. Army guys that were attached to the embassy there. We went out souvenir hunting, and I picked up an Afghani sword, shield, and "carbine" that was a cap and ball weapon. We were told that it was used in their "camel corps" back in the day. As soon as I returned to the home of the guy we were staying with, he took the weapon, pulled out the ramrod, and slipped it down the barrel to see if there was "an obstruction."

It seems that in the past, one of the embassy guys had bought a cap and ball pistol and would slip a cap on the thing and fire it off. His little daughter wanted to "shoot" it once, but when she pulled the trigger, that time was just enough to dislodge the ball that was stuck in the barrel. The embassy guy had the misfortune of being wounded by a really old gun.

With regards to the old rifles that were available in Kabul, the locals would go out and find the "remnants" of the old guns where old battles had been fought and then rebuild them with new wood for stocks. While this "carbine" is unique and very neat, it certainly is NOT something I would EVER attempt to shoot.

DSC_2237rszd n ligtned.JPG
DSC_2238rszd n ligtned.JPG

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this subject. I have a Ruger Blackhawk in the safe that has never been fired.

I bought it new several years back. No real reason I've not fired it, it's not an investment grade anything. It's just a plain old Blackhawk - 357/9mm convertible.

I actually have several guns I've never fired. An 03a3, a few 357 Mag revolvers, some 38 Spl revolvers - including a S&W M15-3 and some S&W model 14s.

Not that the firearms are unfired, I just haven't fired them.

So many guns, so little time.

JuanGrande62221

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smith 19-8 in .38 Special, appeared to be new in the box when I got it, and I’ve left it that way. Only other one is a Smith model 10 that my great uncle bought in 1968, to carry when they moved back to Oklahoma from about 20 years in California. I can’t tell if he fired it or not, looks brand new, so I haven’t shot it in the five years I’ve had it. I might at some point, just decided not to yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom