Guns you couldn’t bring yourself to shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one, wife bought it for me when I quit drinking.

Attachments

• 49D88743-F6E6-4ABC-B966-08F6875299FE.jpeg
    49D88743-F6E6-4ABC-B966-08F6875299FE.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have four never fired.
Soon to be three when shooting the new 10 mm.
Three were guns won at DU banquets. 12 ga, .223 AR, and a Tupperware Glock something in 9mm.
Already have .223 AR’s and 12 ga, so why fire them?

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s only been one time in my life that I owned a firearm that I could not bring myself to shoot. It was an unfired colt SP1 with a 1974 production date. It even had the G.I. issue scope mounted on the carrying handle. As hard as I tried to make myself shoot that firearm, I never could take it out and pull the trigger on it.

So here’s my question. Have you ever owned a firearm he just couldn’t make yourself shoot?
A John Wayne Commerative Winchester.

Cdubya

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a beretta 380 that my great grandfather took from an Italian in WW2. It was gifted to me by my great uncle a few years ago. It will never be shot.
I also have a tanfoglio match 9mm I don't plan to shoot. I shot my buddies and liked it enough to get my own. I just appreciate mine, shot his lol.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a beretta 380 that my great grandfather took from an Italian in WW2. It was gifted to me by my great uncle a few years ago. It will never be shot.
I also have a tanfoglio match 9mm I don't plan to shoot. I shot my buddies and liked it enough to get my own. I just appreciate mine, shot his lol.

"Italian army gun - dropped once, never fired" lol

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got curious when I read this thread so I started counting. I counted 24 that I have not fired. There are probably a few more hidden away in boxes. I'd estimate 15-18 of those I purchased new so they are in unfired condition. I didn't necessarily buy them to not fire them. Most I just haven't gotten around to shooting even if I've owned them 10+ years. There are probably only 2 that I have no intention of firing.

I have a Marlin .45-70 Guide Gun in stainless ported. The ported versions were discontinued. I will likely not shoot that one.

I have an unfired American 180 still wrapped in the bubble wrap it originally came in. It was purchased new by Fred Baker, the owner of Outdoor America Store in OKC. It's a neat little .22lr machine gun, but I will likely never shoot it either.
Oh man! The American 180 is so cool. I’d love to shoot one of those. I assume it is full auto?

Latest posts

Top Bottom