Gunshow/bargain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is a catchall of the threads: "Are there any bargains out there" "DIY" "Are gun shows worth going to...." "Pistols" etc

photo (13).jpg

I picked up this 66-2 4" at the local gun store. I sold mine to my best friend 25 years ago for $200 cash. He won't sell it back to me! Go figure! Anyway, this one was cheap because it was pretty trashed inside and out. I took it completely apart, smoothed and cleaned the internals, smoothed the rebound system and fixed the boogered up sideplate screws. I hit the outside surfaces with crocus cloth, then red rouge on a slow wheel to bring it back to factory satin.

photo (19).jpg

The grips I got at the Badshot Gunshow weekend before last in Guthrie. Paid $5 CASH! Before............

photo (15).jpg
During

photo (16).jpg
Re-pointing the checkering one line at a time.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Continued:

photo (17).jpg

Soda blasted the S&W medallions, then 12 thin coats of Tru-Oil. 4-O steel wool between the last three coats.

photo (18).jpg

I picked up the blue velvet lined walnut case at the last Wannamachers. $20 CASH......! I didn't have a gun to fit in it, but ya never know!

photo.jpg

As I'm working on the gun, I remembered the box in the closet. You guessed it, fits like a glove!

THE END

Latest posts

Top Bottom