Gunsmith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never had the need for a gunsmith so I don’t know where to turn. I’ve been looking for a specific 1911 and found one finally. There is a problem though, the ejector is supposed to be staked rather than held in with a roll pin. It has come unstaked. Would love to know of any trusted smiths to talk to about the gun. I certainly don’t want to buy before knowing who could fix it for me.

Thanks

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a hole In the frame for inserting a roll pin? And if it’s not held by a roll pin then how is it “staked”? Is it glued? Is it a Springfield?

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a Springfield MC Operator There isn’t a hole for the roll pin. This may be common, I have no clue. Every 1911 I have or have had used a roll pin.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of my 1911s, or 1911 styled 2011s have a roll pin. It is a solid pin that goes through the frame and the extractor has a half moon cut out in the front leg that the pin fits in and retains the ejector. No roll pins.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the ejector is loose and isn’t broken, you can reinstall it with some loctite 638. Springfields are typically installed without a pin to secure the ejector.

Last edited:

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If thr ejector is loose and isn’t broken, you can reinstall it with some loctite 638. Springfields are typically installed without a pin to secure the ejector.
It is more than loose. It easily falls out of the frame. Loctite may work but I have a feeling it needs a bit more than that.

vickylblake73

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never had the need for a gunsmith so I don’t know where to turn. I’ve been looking for a specific 1911 and found one finally. There is a problem though, the ejector is supposed to be staked rather than held in with a roll pin. It has come unstaked. Would love to know of any trusted smiths to talk to about the gun. I certainly don’t want to buy before knowing who could fix it for me.

Thanks
Not sure where you live. But theirs a gun smith in Moore, Ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom