Guys, please follow the classified rules.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if I understand this thread correctly

Since a group of OSA members (Newbies) has a few bad apples, all Newbies should be restricted from purchasing anything from the clasified section of OSA (already restricted from selling)

This sounds like the reasoning coming out of Washington these days for stricter gun control

Yes, because buying/selling on OSA is your right and not at all a website that 1.) you didn't pay for and 2.) is whole owned by a private individual who can do whatever they want.

No offense, but that sounds a lot like entitlement mentality.

If enough whiners jump in and occupy OSA, perhaps the government will step in and force them to change their rules...

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a one liner from a credit company....so riddle me this: How does one go about getting good feedback, when no one wants to deal with you because you have no feedback?

Everyone had their "first deal" at one point in time....

I didn't say no one would deal with someone with 0 feedback, I said some wouldn't. Hell, post up a brick of .22lr for 25 bucks and you will have 30 guys wanting to do business with you.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say no one would deal with someone with 0 feedback, I said some wouldn't. Hell, post up a brick of .22lr for 25 bucks and you will have 30 guys wanting to do business with you.

true statement, if the deal is good enough the rules go out the window.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of irony in here. I see a lot of people that are the first to pounce on newbies for asking questions commenting in this thread, but you're afraid to meet the newbs face to face. The phrase "keyboard commando" comes to mind.

Everybody was a newb and everybody had to have a first transaction. Lighten up and give these folks a chance to be part of the community.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes since we're a state-local internet forum, the term Noob is pretty much "stranger" to most of us here (in the literal sense since a lot of us meet up in the real world and not just online). I don't treat noobs with disrespect anymore than I do strangers but I also don't necessarily dive into complete trust of total strangers until they've proven themselves to be trustworthy.

There are people who have been long-time members who aren't exactly trustworthy, but I know who they are because I've seen/heard their actions and feedback. The new guys are all unknown so they have to build that trust just like they would with any interaction with a new group of folks. It isn't rocket-surgery and I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about (RDF just misunderstood the rules and it seems to have ignited a lot of pinned up animosity among noobs).

At the same time, I've never preached "don't trust the noobs" and I feel like everybody deserves a chance but again - this isn't just randomly talking to folks out in public - we're on an internet forum and everyone signed up and agreed to follow the rules of this forum when they registered their ID. I don't understand why there's all this whining about the rules, just like I don't understand why there's all this noob-bashing.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes since we're a state-local internet forum, the term Noob is pretty much "stranger" to most of us here (in the literal sense since a lot of us meet up in the real world and not just online). I don't treat noobs with disrespect anymore than I do strangers but I also don't necessarily dive into complete trust of total strangers until they've proven themselves to be trustworthy.

There are people who have been long-time members who aren't exactly trustworthy, but I know who they are because I've seen/heard their actions and feedback. The new guys are all unknown so they have to build that trust just like they would with any interaction with a new group of folks. It isn't rocket-surgery and I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about (RDF just misunderstood the rules and it seems to have ignited a lot of pinned up animosity among noobs).

At the same time, I've never preached "don't trust the noobs" and I feel like everybody deserves a chance but again - this isn't just randomly talking to folks out in public - we're on an internet forum and everyone signed up and agreed to follow the rules of this forum when they registered their ID. I don't understand why there's all this whining about the rules, just like I don't understand why there's all this noob-bashing.

Thank You Ez Bake. I always give people respect.... and it's their job to keep it. It's the rules in the classified forum that I followed, so that would be fair for everybody here. I was once a stranger, a noob.. I've met some of the members on this site and delt with them before or even drove to their places. There is no need to ague over this. I like to keep a good relationship with the members here. I have been MIA for a while because my family situations and bunch of craps on the side so I did not signin very often. I avoided the internet for a good while to concentrating on get everything situated. If I offended any of you here, I applogy for that.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sure is comforting to know that in just 10 more post I will be considered a better person

BTW: I support new members not selling

Then you need to up your post count , you do wanna be a better person ...right?
Or do you wanna stay ...so-so, get to postin , let us in on the knowledge and wisdom you posess.

.btw: you probably wont make it... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom