H & H RANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
:rotflmao:

You're just danged determined to have the last word I'd say, just to prove you're right. Whatever, I DGAF.

But to answer your question,

IF they had my card (low on the order of possibilities) they would have the CC number and the CVV2 number that's it. Billing address and ZIP would be a challenge even with Google showing only 25 similar names. If someone HAD your card and you didn't know about it (or lost it) in order cancel the card you would be quite the inattentive moron. Besides, the liability would not be on me (unless I completely failed to report) regardless. So, as they say, no big deal...right?
GOOD! Thanks for the info! I'm old and not very well informed on these matters.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in Sam's, Wednesday. Had bought some adult beverage and cashier asked for my ID.

I was reaching for wallet, Wif was laughing and cashier apologized.

Wasn't a big deal. Maybe a bit ridiculous to be carding me, but not a big deal.

Paying cash may have been the trigger. A cop friend told me there has been a lot of counterfeit new $20 showing up.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in Sam's, Wednesday. Had bought some adult beverage and cashier asked for my ID.

Paying cash may have been the trigger. A cop friend told me there has been a lot of counterfeit new $20 showing up.
Oklahoma law. If you were an undercover, they could get in big trouble.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once gave my card to the cashier. she said she couldn't take it as it wasn't signed. I asked her for my card and a pen, signed it and handed both back to her. She ran it.

Side note. All of my cards are invalid according to the banks terms. I never sign them.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

These clerks are most likely told to ask for ID's, and are not allowed to use their discretion at all! Everything from the top, except when a mistake is made, then that came from the bottom! I'm allowed to think that now that I am retired!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma law. If you were an undercover, they could get in big trouble.
There seems to be some question about that. It's definitely illegal to sell to an underage person (and LEOs are certainly not above using underage buyers to catch sellers), but when this has come up in the past, nobody has been able to cite a statute or regulation that actually requires the seller to check an ID.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
There seems to be some question about that. It's definitely illegal to sell to an underage person (and LEOs are certainly not above using underage buyers to catch sellers), but when this has come up in the past, nobody has been able to cite a statute or regulation that actually requires the seller to check an ID.
You're probably right. A quick perusal of the laws and I can find nothing.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Company policy, not law, because of sting operations.
Back in the late '90s or early 2000s, ABLE and/or NPD were doing stings in Norman using underage buyers "to combat underage drinking." One of the guys they caught was at a small local chain of liquor stores; that one was supposed to be a really big deal, as he turned out to be the owner of the chain, so it was his name on the liquor license.

I never did hear how that one turned out, and I've long since forgotten which chain it was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom