H & H RANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do go to Sam's. Never once have they scanned my drivers license. And I will not allow it.

If they demand a scan of my drivers license I will leave all my potential purchases there and walk out, canceling my membership at the desk on the way to the door.

They do scan my Sam's card, which is not the same thing.

I guess I wasn't clear. They scan the DL at the service desk when you apply for membership, not when making purchases. Just experienced this in the last month or so (My Real ID DL would not scan so they manually entered the info.)

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I wasn't clear. They scan the DL at the service desk when you apply for membership, not when making purchases. Just experienced this in the last month or so (My Real ID DL would not scan so they manually entered the info.)
I am undecided on the real ID business, although this type picture ID should be REQUIRED TO VOTE IN THIS COUNTRY! It's strange the very politicians, Democrats, that push MINATORY Real ID, don't think it should be required to vote? WHY IS THAT? The 2016 and 2020 ELECTIONS WERE RIGGED, we overwhelmed the 2016 RIGGED election with legitimate votes, remember Crooked Hillary's reaction? We overwhelmed the 2020 RIGGED election with ligitimate votes, that is why they had to shut down the vote count, in the middle of the night, to stuff the ballot boxes, IN ALL FIVE SWING STATES, remember? Lets OVERWHELM THE 2022 MIDTERM, AND THE 2024 RIGGED ELECTIONS, AND WATCH THE VOTE COUNT CLOSELY, NO MATTER WHAT THE CROOKED DEMOCRATIC POLITICIANS SAY! WITHOUT LEGITIMATE ELECTIONS, ARE WE NOT ALREADY JUST ANOTHER BANANA REPUBLIC, WITH THE DRUG CARTEL ABOVE THE LAW, AND IN CHARGE, AND EVERYONE IN ALL POLITICAL PARTIES, BUT THE CRIMINAL PARTY LOSSES! VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how you are paying (unless there is an age requirement). No ID is required. I would have just said NOPE!
Walmart usually makes them check IDs when cigs or alcohol are involved. (I'm 60).
I don't mind showing an ID if using a credit/debit card because I know that this helps reduce things like ID fraud and card theft, plus I certainly would like this little extra safety check in place if it was MY stuff that had gotten stolen.
I have absolutely no love for thieves :hellno:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paying with cash.
Ah, now that's a whole different ball game. Paying cash for a non-regulated item would/should not require personal identification. I've declined or walked out of stores that 'demanded' this type of BS and still refuse to sign-up for any type of discount or store specific membership card/program.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a member of Sam's for more than 20 years. They have never scanned my DL.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a member of Sam's for more than 20 years. They have never scanned my DL.

In case you missed it the first time: "They scan the DL at the service desk when you apply for membership". They didn't have DL scanners twenty years ago (I don't think). But I can probably bet they entered the same DL info into the computer when you applied (effectively the same thing). That's what they did with mine.

That was then. This is now. I lived it. I am not lying.

Last edited:

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to show a Damn ID at Circle K a few months ago to buy a LOTTERY TICKET. WTF Also , Im 71 years old and everytime I buy shotshells at Wally World, I have to show, or give my birthdate! What's up with that? I go to a gun store or places that sells guns and they don't ask!
When asked for a birth date, I tell them something close enough. If asked for an I d to scan, they're restocking what ever I was gonna buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom