Had it too long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is kind of a thought project. Do any of y’all have shooting irons that you’ve had so long that they are too valuable to carry any more? For instance, my Hipower has gone up so much since I bought it that I’m having a hard time talking myself into modding and toting it. I have some Colts and Smiths that are going for prices that’ll make a fella take it out of the holster, stick it in a padded rug and proceed to fistfight instead. Seems like I need to start picking up some lesser irons for every day bidness.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know, I have a Kimber model 82 .22 LR rifle that was made back when they were Kimber of Oregon. I think I probably got it in the 80's. It may be some sort of deluxe model, the wood seems to be more figured than most rifles. I have no idea what it's worth... but I'd still shoot it.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, a S&W LadySmith model 65-5 with matte stainless finish. 357 mag. Never carried and shot very little. Have few too many 9mm I will thin out someday.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think that's another reason Taurus, Ruger, SCCY, and other lower priced pistols are popular....

I posted an article awhile back. TLDR: Cheap milsurp pistols and ammunition were the go to guns for someone on a budget. These days the brands you’ve mentioned have filled that roll and accessory makers have followed, too.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I reached 70 years old, I started downsizing in many areas. I have had the experience of disposing of the assets of my father, one grandfather, an uncle, and helped with others. I have distributed firearms and tools, etc. to family members, and have been selling off the fairly common stuff that I seldom pull out for range use, etc.

I no longer have a desire to save stuff that I don’t use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom