Hall of fame gun show is another bait and switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Website says $12, they charged me 14 at the door. When I mentioned the price on the website, they said "the fair added $2 for parking". I'm tired of this bs from gun shows. The fair didn't tell them about the "parking fee" until this morning? Bs.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you go inside the show after that crap? They knew the parking fee when they signed the contract for the building. What a load. I wish more of the promoters were like Super Dave!!!!

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard the same thing last weekend at Tulsa and also heard it before at a previous show. Must be a conspiracy between Tulsa and OKC fairgrounds authorites as I doubt it's any kind of statewide thing. Actually I think it's all a gimmick perped by the promoter.
It's my last time. Don't expect to see my happy azz at any more of this promoter's shows.
If he wants to charge $14 thats one thing. Advertise it as such and I'll decide whether its worth it or not but don't mislead or lie to me. That kinda pizzes me off.
Actually this behaviour will eventually take care of itself. When folks get tired of it they'll quit going and the sob will be outta the g-show biz which will allow a more honest promoter to make their mark.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$2.00 for parking?? What if 4 people ride together in one vehicle? Or suppose Someone got dropped off? Deiner is a lying sack of crap!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im done with gunshows that have crap other than guns. Im done with the bait an switch tactics. Im done paying outragious entry fees. Unless the show is the small, cheap, local type shows, ill stay home.

I love gunshows but this crap is getting ridiculous.

Superdave is my only exception cuz i was his first customer.(thanks again)

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im done with gunshows that have crap other than guns. Im done with the bait an switch tactics. I love gunshows but this crap is getting ridiculous.
+1
I thought there used to be an unwritten rule that unless tablefare was a certain percentage of gun related items, it wasn't permitted.
I understand table fees collected is money regardless what's on them and it doesn' bother me to walk past some jerky jerk, T-shirt seller, house siding salesman, etc, etc. but I personally don't like them there. Afterall, I paid for a gunshow not a flea market. (rant over)

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it's bull crap. I asked what if there were four in one car and guess what, still $14 each. I did go in because I waited in line for 30 minutes, but I will never go back to one of this promoters shows. The only saving grace was that I found a good deal on a new toy from rijas firearms and they reburse you the price of admission with the purchase of a gun. I also like how they put the "idiots" at the front. Their answer to all questions is "I am just here to sell tickets, do you want one or not?". Pathetic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom