Handled a Glock 4th gen at OAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....and I liked it. Took the slide off, and looked at the new springs. Couldn't get the slide back on because it doesn't really snap back in like the old ones. Took a little work by the employee to get it back on.

I'm gonna have to have one.........:rubhands:

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like them too but not $80 more plus you can't use the old mags in them. Steve

From everything I have read you can use the old mags with the mag release on the left side you only have to have the new mags if you reverse the mag release.

Was it a 22 or 17?

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you try the different backstraps?

I'm getting a G4 G17 as soon as my dealer's distributor gets one in stock. I'll be sure to write up a review for those interested if no one here does it sooner.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OPS has them in stock. Jury is still out on the new spring setup....looks kinda like an accident waiting to happen. I would not want to chance the new spring system in a match until it is proven to have any knid of advantage.

JMO
YMMV

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock has changed the trigger bars. I noticed on my Glock 22 Gen 4 that the slide would not go back on. On my gun the firing pin had to be in the forward position in order to get the slide back on.

Also, on my Gen4 the trigger pull was very stiff towards the very end. I replaced the trigger bar with a spare and the slide goes on regardless of the firing pin position and the trigger pull is much smoother.

All Glock 22 magazines will work with the Gen4 unless you change the magazine catch to the right side (for left hand shooters).

....and I liked it. Took the slide off, and looked at the new springs. Couldn't get the slide back on because it doesn't really snap back in like the old ones. Took a little work by the employee to get it back on.

I'm gonna have to have one.........:rubhands:

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have handled one at length and had NO issues getting the slide back on or off for that matter!!! there just like any Glock in that issue.

I thought that the one I messed with was the best feeling Glock I've held.. and thats coming from a guy that has 18 or so of them.

The jury is still out on the new spring setup but I really think it will be just fine.
On the Mags you can use any mag if the mag release is on the "right" side ( left side of the gun) if you swap it over you can only use the new mags.

The new texture is very nice proly the best I've seen..

I cant wait till the G 34/35 come out..

Latest posts

Top Bottom