Handled a Glock 4th gen at OAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....and I liked it. Took the slide off, and looked at the new springs. Couldn't get the slide back on because it doesn't really snap back in like the old ones. Took a little work by the employee to get it back on.

I'm gonna have to have one.........:rubhands:

I have a Gen4, I don't have any problem installing the slide. As long as the spring is on the barrel, it slides right on.
Give me more information, I'll try to duplicate the problem.
The only "problem" I have seen is installing the spring. You have to play a little to center the spring on the slide.
I am very pleased with the weapon, the spring feels stronger.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think those sharp little pyramids all over the grip are going to be like shooting a gun wrapped in course sandpaper. I bet a fairly hard kicking cartridge like the .40 draws blood until the sharpness wears off.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think those sharp little pyramids all over the grip are going to be like shooting a gun wrapped in course sandpaper. I bet a fairly hard kicking cartridge like the .40 draws blood until the sharpness wears off.

To me they felt sharp while handling the G22, didn't notice anything while shooting it. If it was uncomfortable, I would have noticed something.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new 4th guns are $80 more??

While I am sure that some dealers have inflated prices on these since they are new, the Gen4 costs roughly the same through GSSF as does the Gen3. I believe the price is is around $35 more. Moreover, the Gen4 comes with 3 mags instead of 2. If you subtract $20 for the mag, it's about a $15 increase. Not bad at all IMO. If you go the GSSF route, you can have one in hand for around $485 (price includes GSSF membership, shipping, and typical FFL fee).

Regarding old mags - all Glock mags will work in Gen4 Glocks unless the mag release is switched to the right side of the frame. In other words, only lefties will be unable to use their old mags and even that is only if those lefties switch the mag release to the right side of the frame. Otherwise, all previous generation Glock mags will work in Gen4 Glocks.

Hope that clarifies things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom