Harley Davidson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I'm having a mid-life crisis urge. I went to the big Harley dealership in Moore (Fort Thunder?) about a week ago and fell in love with a 2011 Heritage Soft Tail Classic.

The sticker price was $12,000.00. I was wondering how much if any to expect them to come down from that price or what price to even offer? I know very little about the wheelin and dealin when it comes to motorcycles. :scratch:

I may come to my senses in a little bit and change my mind totally.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you sure that was a Heritage Classic? If so, that is an awesome price!! I paid close to that back in 2001 for this:

ai1131.photobucket.com_albums_m550_steelhorse11_digitalcamerapicturesandvideo001.jpg

Last edited:

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2006 I went electra glide shopping to replace my road king. The best prices I saw were at foreman in stillwater and duram in tulsa. I bought from foreman's. At the time fort thunder was called something else and was the highest in the state. Couldn't figure out how they sold so many. Maybe things are different now.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find any of the dealers moving much on the base price. What you may be able to do is wheel and deal on accessories such as windshield, pipes, chrome goodies, passenger comfort items and so on. The mark up on accessories is much higher than the bikes themselves. You can also get them to throw in some personal accessories such jacket, vest, shirts etc.
Good Luck!

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find any of the dealers moving much on the base price. What you may be able to do is wheel and deal on accessories such as windshield, pipes, chrome goodies, passenger comfort items and so on. The mark up on accessories is much higher than the bikes themselves. You can also get them to throw in some personal accessories such jacket, vest, shirts etc.
Good Luck!

+1 to this

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Luck!

I hadn't thought of those things. I knew I came here and asked this for some reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom