Harry Reid :"Laughable" that democrats will work with Romney!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep lapping up the koolaid.
Books,
I used to actually have a little respect for you, not so much now. You guys want to start running down the constitution for giggles, have at it ! This forum is not the one I used to enjoy. Call me a troll or whatever, you are sad little men.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would really like to hear you explain this comment, I'm sure you are much smarter than those guys!
Please enlighten us as to what they got wrong with our constitution oh brilliant one!
slavery, womens rights, how population is counted, No term limits ect. Theres a reason why we have ammendments.

Just so you understand, the Constitution was never intended to stay static, thus it can never be perfect. It will was meant to be fluid and evolve, and for the most part it has.

As for being smarter, thats relative, but I am definatly better educated than some.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every once in a while in history men come along who are unselfish enough to try to give men the gift of freedom. They're not perfect by any means but compared to how many politicians want the opposite (like the ones we have today) the men who penned the Constitution damn near walk on water in my book.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Every once in a while in history men come along who are unselfish enough to try to give men the gift of freedom. They're not perfect by any means but compared to how many politicians want the opposite (like the ones we have today) the men who penned the Constitution damn near walk on water in my book.

i think they were some of the brightest the world has ever seen. Real visionaries, real Statesmen.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
def·i·nite (df-nt)
adj.
1. Having distinct limits: definite restrictions on the sale of alcohol.
2. Indisputable; certain: a definite victory.
3. Clearly defined; explicitly precise: a definite statement of the terms of the will. See Synonyms at explicit.
4. Grammar Limiting or particularizing.
5. Botany
a. Of a specified number not exceeding 20, as certain floral organs, especially stamens.
b. Cymose; determinate.
[Middle English diffinite, defined, from Latin dfntus, past participle of dfnre, to define; see define.]
defi·nite·ly adv.
defi·nite·ness n.
Usage Note: Definite and definitive both apply to what is precisely defined or explicitly set forth. But definitive most often refers specifically to a judgment or description that serves as a standard or reference point for others, as in the definitive decision of the court (which sets forth a final resolution of a judicial matter) or the definitive biography of Nelson (that is, the biography that sets the standard against which all other accounts of Nelson's life must be measured).

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The authors of the Constitution got so much right but I really think failing to put term limits in place was a huge oversight. It is incredible how rich these politicians become in office due to corruption. Our government is no longer for the people it is for the politicians.

This may simply stem from the average life expectancy at the time the document was crafted.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
def·i·nite (df-nt)
adj.
1. Having distinct limits: definite restrictions on the sale of alcohol.
2. Indisputable; certain: a definite victory.
3. Clearly defined; explicitly precise: a definite statement of the terms of the will. See Synonyms at explicit.
4. Grammar Limiting or particularizing.
5. Botany
a. Of a specified number not exceeding 20, as certain floral organs, especially stamens.
b. Cymose; determinate.
[Middle English diffinite, defined, from Latin dfntus, past participle of dfnre, to define; see define.]
defi·nite·ly adv.
defi·nite·ness n.
Usage Note: Definite and definitive both apply to what is precisely defined or explicitly set forth. But definitive most often refers specifically to a judgment or description that serves as a standard or reference point for others, as in the definitive decision of the court (which sets forth a final resolution of a judicial matter) or the definitive biography of Nelson (that is, the biography that sets the standard against which all other accounts of Nelson's life must be measured).

-1 for spelling, - a few more for grammar and puntuation. thats the best you got?

Latest posts

Top Bottom