Harsh experience at Harsh firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd think if there are two jareds in the store one should recognize when the customer really wants the owner. Instead of telling the customer they were wrong the employee should have taken the time to understand the issue and tried to resolve it instead of blowing them off. Customer service 101. When there is an issue the company has the opportunity to increase customer satisfaction more than if the transaction went off without an issue based on how they handle it. Alot of gun shops could stand to realize this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not see how his store getting broke into has anything to do with the issue. His entire post sounded like a kid making up excuses, so he did not have to say I was wrong. When the owner wanted to make excuses it became more than a simple miscommunication. It does not matter which Jared the OP talked to, he talked to a representative of the store. The fact the owner made excuses, showed incompetence.
Personally, I know that I will never do any business with Harsh Firearms.

Excuse or not when you are running a small business and you get your store broken into and stuff stolen you get a bit rattled and for get about small stuff like an add on arms list. It's not like he was dealing with getting a window replaced and filing a police report the atf was involved, so I can only imagine how stressful it was. As soon as op had direct contact with the owner on here he made an attempt to make it right, but op continues to drag the guy's name in the dirt and has the anti harsh avatar. I'm saying that's a tad harsh (no pun intended), harsh offered a promotion to boost business and help some people out, and op is acting like they screwed him out of his life savings over a miscommunication that he attempted to make right.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not affiliated with harsh nor am I a regular customer as I have only been in once, I just think it's a bit overboard for something so minor.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excuse or not when you are running a small business and you get your store broken into and stuff stolen you get a bit rattled and for get about small stuff like an add on arms list. It's not like he was dealing with getting a window replaced and filing a police report the atf was involved, so I can only imagine how stressful it was. As soon as op had direct contact with the owner on here he made an attempt to make it right, but op continues to drag the guy's name in the dirt and has the anti harsh avatar. I'm saying that's a tad harsh (no pun intended), harsh offered a promotion to boost business and help some people out, and op is acting like they screwed him out of his life savings over a miscommunication that he attempted to make right.
I taught my kids that when they screw up to take responsibility and correct what ever they screwed up. It took Harsh Firearms several attempts before he tried to fix it, and then he made excuses instead of just saying he screwed up and being a man about it.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I taught my kids that when they screw up to take responsibility and correct what ever they screwed up. It took Harsh Firearms several attempts before he tried to fix it, and then he made excuses instead of just saying he screwed up and being a man about it.

Op said he spoke with employee Jared not owner Jared. He had his first and last name that he could have said to avoid talking to the wrong Jared. When ever I go places if o have both names o will use both to make sure I get the right person, that's me not him so we will chalk it up to a miss communication again. After that he said f them, again never speaking to the owner. You said you taught your kids to own up to things, harsh did if you read his first post he said sorry for the miscommunication and turned around and said this was his fault and offered to make it right better then the original discount. Besides offering to take him out to a movie and a dinner I don't know what else he could have done? He admitted fault offered to fix it yet op has yet to talk to the owner (the one who said all he needs to do is physically talk to him), instead he wants to be done with the shop And you want to be done with the shop for nothing more then him not talking to the owner (which was the first advise to the thread).

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Op said he spoke with employee Jared not owner Jared. He had his first and last name that he could have said to avoid talking to the wrong Jared. When ever I go places if o have both names o will use both to make sure I get the right person, that's me not him so we will chalk it up to a miss communication again. After that he said f them, again never speaking to the owner. You said you taught your kids to own up to things, harsh did if you read his first post he said sorry for the miscommunication and turned around and said this was his fault and offered to make it right better then the original discount. Besides offering to take him out to a movie and a dinner I don't know what else he could have done? He admitted fault offered to fix it yet op has yet to talk to the owner (the one who said all he needs to do is physically talk to him), instead he wants to be done with the shop And you want to be done with the shop for nothing more then him not talking to the owner (which was the first advise to the thread).
I am not trying to argue with you, but I already made my point about which Jared he talked with. The owners inability to keep his employee informed, not having a set store policy about internet ads, not having a complaint system to keep the owner informed, not putting an expiration date on the original ad, and the excuses made by the owner just shows what type of business Harsh Firearms is.
Gfercaks33, I understand that you want to be Harsh Firearms defender or you have some sort of maternal instinct that prevents you from holding people responsible for their actions, which means you can shop at Harsh Firearms, I will not.
IMG_6695CBBM2-300x200.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not trying to argue with you, but I already made my point about which Jared he talked with. The owners inability to keep his employee informed, not having a set store policy about internet ads, not having a complaint system to keep the owner informed, not putting an expiration date on the original ad, and the excuses made by the owner just shows what type of business Harsh Firearms is.
Gfercaks33, I understand that you want to be Harsh Firearms defender or you have some sort of maternal instinct that prevents you from holding people responsible for their actions, which means you can shop at Harsh Firearms, I will not.View attachment 54656

He'll be much better off without you. You're this angry over something that never happened to you... after he apologized... after he said he'd make it right.... then you're gonna be one of the more problematic customers.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do what you want to do the simple fact is op is crying and slamming a business over something that could have been fixed by him talking to the owner like was said in post two. Your saying you won't do business with someone because if one mistake that could have been fixed by op talking to the correct person, that's not the businesses fault. It doesn't matter what store you go into you will find an employee that doesn't know 100% of what sales are going on. You say you taught your kids to own up to their mistakes, did you also teach them to make rash decisions over some one not talking to the right person, or the incompetence not to read where somebody owned up to it and made it right.

Seriously all op had to do is talk with the owner, if he had it would have been fixed and you would be crying about the business not not fixing the problem. You are writing off a business that offers a small discount because we are on a silly website over a miscommunication that could have been over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom