Has anyone fished/ heard about...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lake that runs up against the OKC zoo. The same one they have the swan boat rides on.

I have been to the zoo with my wife and kids many times and seen some of the cats that come up when ya feed them. Be nice to catch a few of them big slabs. I've seen people fishing on the far bank accross from the zoo but heard nothing about it. Was just wondering if anyone here has.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My neighbors fish that lake every weekend for many years and they always bring home little cats. Never heard of anyone catching monsters but please prove me wrong with some pics.

Reaction score
Hey, the two large ponds in the Resthaven Gardens cemetery at S. 119th & Western have some BIG largemouth in there - but no fishing allowed. My buddy's son fishes there, and they threw him out a few times, but now they just let him fish, because he's a teenager, they know and like him now, and most importantly, they know he catches & releases.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, the two large ponds in the Resthaven Gardens cemetery at S. 119th & Western have some BIG largemouth in there - but no fishing allowed. My buddy's son fishes there, and they threw him out a few times, but now they just let him fish, because he's a teenager, they know and like him now, and most importantly, they know he catches & releases.

Funny. When my wife's grandfather was alive, his wife was buried there and his plot was right next to hers. He asked them if he could fish there and they told him 'yes,' because he 'owned land there.' I fished there once with my oldest, who was probably only about 5 or 6 at the time.

Her grandfather has since passed, but the wife and I have plots there also, but I haven't had the guts to ask about it again.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's cool for a kid but I would not brag if a caught a 12lb bass + in a pond. Too easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom