Has the Talimena drive foliage peaked?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darva

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow I had never even heard about this until now. I'm going to try and get out there within the next couple of weeks. Will it be a good drive around the end of November?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought all deciduous trees in North America except for oaks lose their leaves in the fall, except for oaks, which push the old leaves off with the new leaves.
I don't know about anywhere else, but my oaks (most red, with some blackjack and other species) drop their leaves in the fall. My deck (my entire property, actually) looks like a blizzard of oak leaves just hit, except for where the dog keeps a path clear. :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about anywhere else, but my oaks (most red, with some blackjack and other species) drop their leaves in the fall. My deck (my entire property, actually) looks like a blizzard of oak leaves just hit, except for where the dog keeps a path clear. :D

This. I dunno what kind of oak trees my neighbors have. All I know is that every single stinking leaf that falls off those two trees winds up in MY yard ... :grumble:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

I've got no oaks near me. Just recalling growing up and hunting eastern Osage Co. It was full of post oak, black jacks and a few white/reds. They would hold their leaving until spring almost. Some still had their leaves while we looked for shed antlers in March. I do have some hardwoods near by, walnut, pecan, mulberry, Osage Orange and maple, they're loosing them fast, or have already lost them all.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've got no oaks near me. Just recalling growing up and hunting eastern Osage Co. It was full of post oak, black jacks and a few white/reds. They would hold their leaving until spring almost. Some still had their leaves while we looked for shed antlers in March. I do have some hardwoods near by, walnut, pecan, mulberry, Osage Orange and maple, they're loosing them fast, or have already lost them all.
You maybe right. Red oaks for sure hold many of their leaves all winter. Maybe not so for other hardwoods? I think maples drop all the leaves come to think of it but can't remember for sure. A a kid we had a large maple in the yard. Maples are some of the most color full reds in fall and I need to plant a couple.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You maybe right. Red oaks for sure hold many of their leaves all winter. Maybe not so for other hardwoods? I think maples drop all the leaves come to think of it but can't remember for sure. A a kid we had a large maple in the yard. Maples are some of the most color full reds in fall and I need to plant a couple.

They are, we've got two in the front yard that get somewhat red. There's one down the road a few miles that we stop and stare at every year, it's the most brilliant red I've seen on a maple tree.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
around here all most all oaks drop their leaves. usually be thanksgiving it's getting pretty bare. this year may be a little later since the cool weather just now started. we have alot of white oak, post oak and black jack where we hunt. after a couple more freeze's they will really start dropping around here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom