having background check waved if you have your ccw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a card. All someone has to do is claim they "lost" it. Without the NICS check how does the dealer know? The NICS check isn't that big of a deal.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It makes sense to check backgrounds. ...

Why, does checks stop criminals from getting weapons?

It's a card. ... The NICS check isn't that big of a deal.

I assume your OK with every small little chip they take away from your rights? Thank you, I would suspect the future subjects of America will also appreciate your support.

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why, does checks stop criminals from getting weapons?

I assume your OK with every small little chip they take away from your rights? Thank you, I would suspect the future subjects of America will also appreciate your support.

And beside all that, Yukon - You have the SHOW the card, not just say you have ccw!

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would be in favor of by passing the NCIS checks with the presentation of the CCW card... but i understand the opposite side as well.

I have two CCW cards. One with my old address and one with my current. If for some reason my card was "yanked" i would still have one. (not that i would keep or use it - just stating how i COULD still have one).

If your CCW status is revoked, and they request your card back, like mentioned, you could claim it was already lost. The only way that your card could easily be physically removed is during a traffic stop where you presented it, and it was expired/invalid and the officer was SOMEHOW made aware of it, or, possibly if arrested on a felony, the officer would (might?) have the duty to take it.

The CCW itself is a RIGHT, just like Voting, not like a drivers license which is a PRIVILEDGE. The fact that the CCW can be revoked because of a felony is just like other RIGHTS that get revoked after you've been convicted of certain felony's... (i.e. the Right to Vote, etc)

Dustyokc01

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I am reading a great shtf book called Lights Out. it was wrote by a forum member on another board and I consider it to be as good as patriots. the subjects live in texas and in the book a firearms dealer is able to sell a guy guns that his his ccw without calling into whomever they have to call into to. Is this something made up for the book or is this info legit? if it is true, it doesn't apply in OK correct?

I liked out Lights Out better than Patriots because it was a more entertaining story. Both books had great content but Lights Out was just more fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom