HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am very hopeful that they will pass this, I think this might help crime etc. because someone is less likely to commit a crime if they see a whole bunch of people with semi autos on their side!

Even if it passes I don't think you will see "a whole bunch of people with semi autos on their side"
I think for most people its more about not getting in trouble for printing.

arkyhog

Marksman
Reaction score
Even if it passes I don't think you will see "a whole bunch of people with semi autos on their side"
I think for most people its more about not getting in trouble for printing.

There are a lot more reasons to open carry other than "not printing". When I am driving my car, I would rather not have my firearm in a position where it is difficult to get to. I like to hike and backpack a lot, and with Oklahoma and Arkansas summers being so hot, I would rather carry outside the waistband than in it. I like to fish in "out-of-the-way" places, and would rather open carry when back in the bushes.

If I am working around the house and need to run to Lowes or Walmart to pick something up real quick, I can just clip a belt holster on and go (not have to go through a complete wardrobe change). If I am concealing and need to leave my firearm in the car, I don't have to worry about who is going to see me pull it out of my pants.

If I am walking around the block, I might want to educate my neighbors about the Second Amendment.

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well quit wearing dresses then. LOL...JK I know what you're saying,you have to figure out what will work for you out of the plethora of cc systems available,or,if it passes,wear open. Steve

That is why I have wanted the OC so I can conceal or OC at my discretion without having to conform to a certain dress style. Everyone is different and I happen to be a shirt tucker.

What I have resorted to in the past is a NAA .22 mag in a pocket. It isn't much but its better than nothing.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot more reasons to open carry other than "not printing". When I am driving my car, I would rather not have my firearm in a position where it is difficult to get to. I like to hike and backpack a lot, and with Oklahoma and Arkansas summers being so hot, I would rather carry outside the waistband than in it. I like to fish in "out-of-the-way" places, and would rather open carry when back in the bushes.

If I am working around the house and need to run to Lowes or Walmart to pick something up real quick, I can just clip a belt holster on and go (not have to go through a complete wardrobe change). If I am concealing and need to leave my firearm in the car, I don't have to worry about who is going to see me pull it out of my pants.

If I am walking around the block, I might want to educate my neighbors about the Second Amendment.

I never said there wasn't reasons to open carry. I still think for most people its more about not printing. Most of what I have read on OSA people here have already said they wouldn't open carry and go to walmart but in the car or being outdoors they might.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is why I have wanted the OC so I can conceal or OC at my discretion without having to conform to a certain dress style. Everyone is different and I happen to be a shirt tucker.

What I have resorted to in the past is a NAA .22 mag in a pocket. It isn't much but its better than nothing.

When I have to tuck my shirt in I can still carry my j frame in my pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom