HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
:hithead: I wonder if Adam received a GESI (Garden of Eden Standard Issue) 6 shooter?

They didn't have guns in Bible times. Their standard weapon was the sword.

Luke 22:36
Then said he [Jesus] unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its' not about whether you will OC or not.
It's about increasing our freedoms and going back to where we were in better times, when firearms were just a tool that free people used to better their lives.
Not objects of politically correct derision, as they are in many states today.

Even if you don't OC, you should support this in our state.
Let's keep ourselves free.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
officially vetoed.

http://www.gov.ok.gov/billtrack/index.php

This is to advise you that on this date, pursuant to the authority vested in me by Section 11 and 12 of Article VI of the Oklahoma Constitution to approve or object to legislation presented to me, I have VETOED House Bill 3354. As a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the holder of an A rating from the National Rifle Association, I have consistently supported and approved legislation that preserves and strengthens an individual?s constitutional right to bear arms. However, House Bill 3354 does nothing to enhance 2nd Amendment protections and could ultimately endanger public citizens and law enforcement officers. State law already authorizes appropriately trained and licensed citizens to carry concealed firearms for their protection and there is no compelling safety reason or 2nd amendment argument to expand the existing statute. On the contrary, law enforcement officials have raised concerns about the unintended consequences of citizens openly brandishing weapons in public places and have said such a law would make their jobs more difficult and dangerous. Instead of making our streets safer, HB 3354 could ultimately make them more hazardous. The legislation could also damage Oklahoma?s image as a safe, friendly state with a great quality of life, making it less attractive to new business and industry and negatively impacting future prosperity.

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
officially vetoed.

http://www.gov.ok.gov/billtrack/index.php

This is to advise you that on this date, pursuant to the authority vested in me by Section 11 and 12 of Article VI of the Oklahoma Constitution to approve or object to legislation presented to me, I have VETOED House Bill 3354. As a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the holder of an A rating from the National Rifle Association, I have consistently supported and approved legislation that preserves and strengthens an individual?s constitutional right to bear arms. However, House Bill 3354 does nothing to enhance 2nd Amendment protections and could ultimately endanger public citizens and law enforcement officers. State law already authorizes appropriately trained and licensed citizens to carry concealed firearms for their protection and there is no compelling safety reason or 2nd amendment argument to expand the existing statute. On the contrary, law enforcement officials have raised concerns about the unintended consequences of citizens openly brandishing weapons in public places and have said such a law would make their jobs more difficult and dangerous. Instead of making our streets safer, HB 3354 could ultimately make them more hazardous. The legislation could also damage Oklahoma?s image as a safe, friendly state with a great quality of life, making it less attractive to new business and industry and negatively impacting future prosperity.

Wear does the law allow for brandishing, governor?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom