HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is still a chance he may go ahead and sign it or, let it slide by. But you're probably right. But folks its not too late. If you haven't written him yet, or called his office, now would probably be the time to do so...

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to be pessimistic, but I have a feeling that he will veto it later today, in hopes that some of the anger will die down over the weekend. I hope I'm wrong.

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to be pessimistic, but I have a feeling that he will veto it later today, in hopes that some of the anger will die down over the weekend. I hope I'm wrong.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. He'll probably do it right before close of business like other politicians when they shoot down popular legislation to minimize the media impact.

However, I am still holding out hope.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot more reasons to open carry other than "not printing". When I am driving my car, I would rather not have my firearm in a position where it is difficult to get to. I like to hike and backpack a lot, and with Oklahoma and Arkansas summers being so hot, I would rather carry outside the waistband than in it. I like to fish in "out-of-the-way" places, and would rather open carry when back in the bushes.

If I am working around the house and need to run to Lowes or Walmart to pick something up real quick, I can just clip a belt holster on and go (not have to go through a complete wardrobe change). If I am concealing and need to leave my firearm in the car, I don't have to worry about who is going to see me pull it out of my pants.

If I am walking around the block, I might want to educate my neighbors about the Second Amendment.

This is exactly a good reason for this bill, my dad always had a 38 special on his belt when we fished as kids.... it had snake shot in it... take care of those pesky cotton mouths..... I too would like to open carry during bow hunting season, like I used to when I was younger.... I am sure the deer will not mind the sight of the pistol on my belt.... I hunt, fish, backpack, camp as well and open carry is easier than digging through tackle box, backpack looking for my concealed pistol....

chevy4wd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is exactly a good reason for this bill, my dad always had a 38 special on his belt when we fished as kids.... it had snake shot in it... take care of those pesky cotton mouths..... I too would like to open carry during bow hunting season, like I used to when I was younger.... I am sure the deer will not mind the sight of the pistol on my belt.... I hunt, fish, backpack, camp as well and open carry is easier than digging through tackle box, backpack looking for my concealed pistol....

I am sure you have, but if you have not tell this stuff to Gov. Brad Henry. He is the only one holding up/stopping all this from happening at this point.

He needs to know how everyone feels.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here is a copy of the letter I am sending to his staff, what do you all think?
I can be a bit abrasive at times...

Governor Henry,

I plead to you to consider and sign into law HB-3354

Please do what is correct and right for the citizens of the great state of Oklahoma and protect our constitutional rights. Whether we carry open, closed, concealed, loaded or unloaded.... it is a right given to us by god, guaranteed by our constitution and protected by you, our elected officials.... Who cares how you carry, what you carry, when you carry, bottom line is I just want our rights restored. I know you do not want to be known as the Governor that denied the citizens of the great state of Oklahoma their constitutional rights.

Sincerely,
my full name
registered voter

chevy4wd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Governor Henry,

Please do what is correct and right for the citizens of the great state of Oklahoma and protect our constitutional rights. Whether we carry open, closed, concealed, loaded or unloaded.... it is a right given to us by god, guaranteed by our constitution and protected by you, our elected officials.... Who cares how you carry, what you carry, when you carry, bottom line is I just want our rights restored. I know you do not want to be known as the Governor that denied the citizens of the great state of Oklahoma their constitutional rights.

Sincerely,
my full name
registered voter

The last line might be a little much but other that it is good. I might even suggest stating few reasons from your previous post as well. He needs to know why we want to open carry so bad... other than "For show" and "increasing law inforcements work load."

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Governor Henry,

Sincerely,
my full name
registered voter

IMHO kcatto, it's a bit strong.
What you carry? Does that mean machine pistols?
When you carry? Does that mean at a school or a jail?
God Given Right? Dont know bout that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom