HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
such a law would make their jobs more difficult and dangerous

And how would that make their job more dangerous than it already is. I say again. YOU IDIOT!

making it less attractive to new business and industry and negatively impacting future prosperity.

And there you have it. We're a bunch of backward hicks.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it take a super-majority of some sort to override?

Only if a bill contains an emergency clause, otherwise per the Oklahoma Constitution.

SECTION VI 11
Approval or veto of bills Passage over veto Failure to return bill.

Every bill which shall have passed the Senate and House of Representatives, and every resolution requiring the assent of both branches of the Legislature, shall, before it becomes a law, be presented to the Governor; if he approve, he shall sign it; if not, he shall return it with his objections to the house in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the objections at large in the Journal and proceed to reconsider it. If, after such reconsideration, two thirds of the members elected to that house shall agree to pass the bill or joint resolution, it shall be sent, together with the objections, to the other house, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered; and, if approved by two thirds of the members elected to that house, it shall become a law, notwithstanding the objections of the Governor. In all such cases, the vote in both houses shall be determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the members voting shall be entered on the Journal of each house respectively. If any bill or resolution shall not be returned by the Governor within five days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Legislature shall, by their adjournment, prevent its return, in which case it shall not become a law without the approval of the Governor. No bill shall become a law after the final adjournment of the Legislature, unless approved by the Governor within fifteen days after such adjournment.

plumbntz

Marksman
Reaction score
A sad day for Oklahomans. Just think one man stands between your right to open carry a gun and not. So how can somebody get an A rating for not trusting in the people who put him in office and paid him for 8 years.
I sure am glad he didn't get my vote.
Thats 2 gun bills now.
So we need to make sure those that go with him,keep on going in Nov.
Let's get rid of them, and tell them about it while we do.
Just my thoughts

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they want new business.. lets beef up infrasructure and utility services in this state... business won't come into any small town that cannot afford to provide electric, water and sewer for a new plant. An open gun or two won't keep folks away. Poor or non extistent services will.

Someone needs to look at city sales taxes and how high rates kill more small town business in OK than Walmart does.

Danger? We got more guns in OK that just about half the world already.. and bunch of us keep them one clothing layer from the rest of society as it is now.
The bad guys don't follow the rules anyway.

Push for the override. After that explaination it about general principles now.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Governor,

It is with regret to inform you that your veto of bill HB3354 has negatively impacted my support for you in political office. I whole-heartily disagree with your reason of veto. I know of not one law enforcement officer who feels that this bill if made law would have made our streets more hazardous. It is the law abiding citizens that this would grant the opportunity to who already carry concealed everyday. The economical effects you stated as another reason of veto are just simply obscured. I am hoping for a quick override of your said veto, and we are looking forward to November. Thank you for your service and God bless you and your family.

Sincerely,

Justen D. Ridge"

Lets see if I get a response via mail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom