HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Sen. Wilson high? I mean, seriously--has anybody read the text of his amendment to HB 2522? Let me fill you in:

Take whatever position you want on abortion--seriously, I'm not getting into that here--but does he seriously mean to hold a fetus criminally responsible for the death of its mother if she can't abort?

Some people *cough cough* have been trying to get legislators to admit that the "personhood bill" was a duplication of existing law and served to do nothing but distract from everything else going on at the Capitol.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I talked to State Senator Sykes about 3 weeks ago and he seemed confident the bill would be on the governor's desk this time around. I have sent to emails this week, neither have been answered yet. I'll let you know if I get a response. These people are starting to piss me off. At the very least, if you have a concealed carry license, you should be able to open carry, not sure why they need all the BS amendments or other things unless it's just to drag it out and say they were for it without it getting passed. I'm not a politician but I might be next election if this crap continues. I'm retired and have plenty of time on my hands to stir stuff up.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still hopefull... but wouldn't be surprised if the only ones who benifit from a bill this year will be the judges and Atty General / his assistants being allowed to carry in courthouses.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I follow this thread and the legislation, the better I understand Bismarck's statement on laws and sausages. Even worse, I used to think I was fairly knowledgeable on the legislative process but now I think that the folks that made the ABC Saturday Morning Schoolhouse Rock special, "I'm Just a Bill", need to remake it to reflect the egos and nonsense seen in action here. It would probably have to be rated "R" for Ridiculous.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more I follow this thread and the legislation, the better I understand Bismarck's statement on laws and sausages. Even worse, I used to think I was fairly knowledgeable on the legislative process but now I think that the folks that made the ABC Saturday Morning Schoolhouse Rock special, "I'm Just a Bill", need to remake it to reflect the egos and nonsense seen in action here. It would probably have to be rated "R" for Ridiculous.

Great post! I actually think a modernized redeux would be super fly on youtube!

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to be careful when reading the most recent version of HB2522. There are 2 parts to this version. The first part is the Senate Amendment that passed the Senate and is 8 pages. The second part is the Engrossed version that passed the House. This is not the same format that is used when bills with amendments pass out of committee or the full chamber of origin.

So this means that if you just glance at the bill, it looks as if open carry is in the bill, however if you read the first 8 pages (which is the senate amended version), the only open carry is on your own private property.

Here is what HB2522 now does:
1) Adds ammunition to the parking lot exemption
2) Changes notification from "first contact" to "first opportunity"
3) Reduces the fine for failure to notify
4) Allows open carry on your own property without a permit.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we actually need SB1733 in order to get permitted open carry and HB2522 to get ammunition in the parking lot, notice at first opportunity, etc. Correct, we need both bills to pass?

Latest posts

Top Bottom