HB3354 veto override update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any House member can call for a new vote. Now is the time to get on the phone and e-mail and make your case to the No's and Hold-outs.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to college with "Williams" on the nay side. Nice enough guy but always a douche of a liberal...ain't gonna change his pantywaist mind one bit. He was also one of the dumbest guys in the entire fraternity.....so it makes sense he's a politician.

fAlGore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any House member can call for a new vote. Now is the time to get on the phone and e-mail and make your case to the No's and Hold-outs.

I understand the notion of holding out hope. But they're done with this for this year. They've got about a million things on their plate between now and next Friday at 5:00 p.m., including a budget to pass. :doh:

The session will close out at 5:00 p.m. next Friday no matter where they are or what they are doing. Don't mean to be a naysayer, but it aint happening.

Nik

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the notion of holding out hope. But they're done with this for this year. They've got about a million things on their plate between now and next Friday at 5:00 p.m., including a budget to pass. :doh:

The session will close out at 5:00 p.m. next Friday no matter where they are or what they are doing. Don't mean to be a naysayer, but it aint happening.

You are correct. I wish you weren't but the reality is that we need to elect Randy Brogdon Governor, then have the house and senate re-introduce and pass the law. It could then be easily signed in 2011.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I believe the budget has been passed, so we're still keeping the faith. It CAN be called to a vote again.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What needs to be done is getting a list of who voted the 1st goround and bounce it off this new vote list and see who switched from yes to no and also failed to vote this time that voted yes before. Start calling those people first then the yes voters and say thanks. Finally hit the no votes and voice displeasure.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What needs to be done is getting a list of who voted the 1st goround and bounce it off this new vote list and see who switched from yes to no and also failed to vote this time that voted yes before. Start calling those people first then the yes voters and say thanks. Finally hit the no votes and voice displeasure.

Been done. The following 15 either flipped or didn't vote either way on the veto overide.

how can I help, if my house and senate district voted for it.

Mine voted for it as well. I targeted the flip floppers and the excused with the following compilation:

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Dear Representative:

I am highly distressed that you either (1) changed your vote on the open
carry bill, or (2) refused to vote at all, when the time came to override the
veto.

Here's the deal - the open carry bill passed by veto proof majorities in
both houses. But after Governor Henry vetoed the bill, you 15 representatives
changed your vote or refused to vote at all for the bill!

It's one thing for a legislator to stand up and vote anti-gun - that's at
least honest. But its a whole other thing to play games and tricks with the
people's right to arms - to hide your vote, duck your vote, and otherwise shirk
your duty to take a stand and cast a recorded vote.

Another veto override vote will take place soon.

Take a stand! Oklahoma will continue to have some of the most strict
handgun carry controls in the United States because the bill only legalizes open
carry for persons who are (1) US citizens, (2) over 21 years of age, and, (3) also already
holding the Oklahoma Conceal Carry Permit. These are the same trustworthy
Oklahomans carrying handguns in public throughout Oklahoma every day.

Over 12,000 Oklahomans have signed the open carry petition. I join them in
urging you to override Governor Henry's ill conceived veto of HB 3354. Please
represent the majority of your constituents who want this veto overturned.

This bill is very important to me and many Oklahoma gun owners, and
obviously, we are watching.

Sincerely,

Your name & address.

Let's take away the "We haven't heard from the people one way or the other" excuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom