Heading to Wyoming...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to Cody first then spend a couple of days hiking around Yellowstone. Anybody have suggestions where to camp around Teton or Shashone? Pulling my travel trailer and looking for some dispersed camping. We will be in Wyoming for 9 days fishing and hiking...

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I camped in the parks but I had reservations months in advanced. Be mindful of what you pack as it snowed on us during Memorial Day weekend and my wife and i packed no long sleeve shirts. Needless to say we acquired several souvenir sweatshirts out of that trip. Have fun, be safe, we saw momma bear with twins at 50 yards, and take lots of pictures!

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I've gone up there, I've had good luck heading up into the Shoshone National Forest from US-287, just north of Dubois. I didn't camp (I was on duty, and my client insisted that I stay in a motel), but the fishing was good on the Wind River. Best day I ever had was up there. The fish weren't biting that morning, and it started to snow (this was mid-August), so I just sat down under a pine tree with a cigar and a glass of Scotch and watched the snow fall.

Damn. I want to go back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom