Heartland Outdoors Range is Nice (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celer_Silens_Mortalis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone had mentioned it earlier in the post, i know that a sunday or two ago was the first match there, did anyone shoot it? How was it? H&H's match is the 2nd sunday and the Heartland match is the third sunday. This will give two good matches a month for people like me who do not have the time to go to the OKC gun club and shoot matches or tulsa. Although i would love to, gotta work to afford shooting. I guess next month will be my first match at Heartland if they are going to have it.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone had mentioned it earlier in the post, i know that a sunday or two ago was the first match there, did anyone shoot it? How was it? H&H's match is the 2nd sunday and the Heartland match is the third sunday. This will give two good matches a month for people like me who do not have the time to go to the OKC gun club and shoot matches or tulsa. Although i would love to, gotta work to afford shooting. I guess next month will be my first match at Heartland if they are going to have it.

I shot the match and it was fun! I would recommend it for sure. David is still working out the format a little but its trigger time under the timer so its a good thing no matter what the format. The lighting and ventilation is awesome in there so it doesn't make your nose run or your lungs/throat sore like the H&H match does. The only down side to the match is that it is small inside those toow bays so the stages are pretty short and sweet. See you there. Make sure to introduce yourself. Its alwassy good to put a face with an Avatar.

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went there for the first time yesterday. I was very impressed.

As others have mentioned the ventilation is great. The target holders don't sag like at H&H, and I while I did not like my brass bouncing off of the side of the bay and hitting me, at least it prevents it from hitting the guy next to you, which was a constant problem for me at H&H (being the one hit). I also noticed that it appears to be better soundproofed than H&H.

The only bad thing I have to say about it is that the bays are a little small, and there would not be enough counter space if there were a lot of people shooting.

I may never go to H&H again.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went there for the first time yesterday. I was very impressed.

As others have mentioned the ventilation is great. The target holders don't sag like at H&H, and I while I did not like my brass bouncing off of the side of the bay and hitting me, at least it prevents it from hitting the guy next to you, which was a constant problem for me at H&H (being the one hit). I also noticed that it appears to be better soundproofed than H&H.

The only bad thing I have to say about it is that the bays are a little small, and there would not be enough counter space if there were a lot of people shooting.

I may never go to H&H again.
This pretty much echoes my thoughts. I had a great experience shooting at Heartland. My only complaint is that it is indeed extremely cramped in the bays and particularly in the area behind them. I would probably be a bit uncomfortable on a crowded weekend or something, but it's just fine on a weekday afternoon like when I went.

The lighting, ventilation, target holders, staff, and everything else were absolutely top notch when I went a few weeks ago. Can't wait to go again when I get a day off!

greg1996zz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This pretty much echoes my thoughts. I had a great experience shooting at Heartland. My only complaint is that it is indeed extremely cramped in the bays and particularly in the area behind them. I would probably be a bit uncomfortable on a crowded weekend or something, but it's just fine on a weekday afternoon like when I went.

The lighting, ventilation, target holders, staff, and everything else were absolutely top notch when I went a few weeks ago. Can't wait to go again when I get a day off!

My thoughts exactly. I'll be back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom