Heavy weapon sling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does the Biathlon attach to the weapon? Just clip on the swivel studs and is it oriented to one side?

They are typically attached with side mount swivels, so the rifle sits flat across your back. You can use any type of swivel -- regular sling stud type, push button QD, HK hooks, whatever. They also offer them with an arm cuff for sling-supported shooting. TAB Gear has some pretty cool videos on YouTube about them.

That BFG SAW sling looks nice too.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are typically attached with side mount swivels, so the rifle sits flat across your back. You can use any type of swivel -- regular sling stud type, push button QD, HK hooks, whatever. They also offer them with an arm cuff for sling-supported shooting. TAB Gear has some pretty cool videos on YouTube about them.

That BFG SAW sling looks nice too.
All my studs are normal bottom mounted and facing, I'm assuming the have the hardware to side mount the sling?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have had two. Like them. They work.

However, I've noticed the strap has a propensity to get twisted in the buckle especially if it's under tension from a 'not light' rifle. I would strongly suggest looking at the padded slings from Blueforce Gear. My personal preference is now for their unpadded standard slings for my ARs and suppressed AK. The webbing is much thicker and wider and the padding stiffer. If your REALLY want to go big or go home they also have slings meant for the M-249 and M-240 belt-fed LMGs. If that can't help you I don't know what can!

If you really want to try a VTAC padded I might have an extra one for sale.

Ek :thumbup3:

Agree with this 100%

I've got a VTAC on my son's lightweight AR setup, but for everything (including my 18+ Lb Bolt-guns), I've got Blue Force / Vickers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom