Help deciding on another gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keltec p32 is the smallest I carry in the front pocket when you absolutely don't want anyone to know you have a gun on you. I would hate to think I would have to defend myself or loved ones with a .32acp gun but it beats not having anything, if nothing more for sound effect. I am the same size as you and I normally carry a glock 26 IWB when I'm not at work. Can't carry at work for fear of loosing job. To me a single stack 9mm would probably be the most concealable like the Kahr. I just cant dig there triggers after shooting glocks so much. No if Glock would have made a single stack 9mm 26, like they did for the G26 i don't think Glock would be able to keep them in stock. I honestly wish the temperature around here was always around 40-50 degrees, coat weather then i would always be carry the Les Baer 5" 1911 or the Glock 21sf.

What I think would be great is if we could talk Jerry Biggs into hosting a shoot out at USSA and the only pistols allowed would be the keltec 32, 380, ruger lcp, kahr, sig, anything that is 32acp or 380 caliber (Pocket Pistols) and have this an show us the low down on them. I you don't know Jerry Biggs (GlocktoGO) he has shot a lot of competitions and I am pretty sure he told me he shot one with only his keltec 32. If people would be interested in this and Jerry had some free time to go over some things with those that attented, say maimum class size of 20. Say charge $10 per person for Jerry's time and experience in return for 2 hours instruction and shooting in defensive situations. Jerry makes $200 and we all get invaluable experience on how to handle our pocket guns. What say you Jerry?

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you might try out a Taurus TCP .380 now that the ammo is becoming available again. I carry a Walther PPS in 40 S&W but you would probably have to untuck your shirt to carry one of those, if ya do though you could also look at the new Taurus 709 in either 9mm or 40.

If the above mentioned shoot actually happens I would be happy to bring my Walther for others to try.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't tuck my shirt, but at 6'2 190ish, I can carry an M&P compact pretty easily. It is just about the same size as the G23. Finding the right holster and carry position for your body shape makes a lot of difference.

Nissan720

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't tuck my shirt, but at 6'2 190ish, I can carry an M&P compact pretty easily. It is just about the same size as the G23. Finding the right holster and carry position for your body shape makes a lot of difference.

This is my experience as well. If you have the right holster it makes all the difference. I know at least two people who can carry full size and you would never notice.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My carry permit is in process and in the interim have been playing around with anything I could borrow beg or afford to buy. Just picked up a Kel Tec P11 and the more I play with it the more I like it. I bought a Kel Tec P3AT a while back, it's OK but the P11 wins on several counts.

The triggers all suck, price you pay for a DA only autoloader and with a little practice it really isn't an issue for the gun's intended use. I like the idea of a small easy to conceal 9mm with 11 rounds in the gun and the P11 fits the bill. I have close to 100 rounds through it now with 10 of them being Gold Dot +P, it has preformed without a hiccup on everything I've fed it including aluminum cased Blazers. Not saying the P11 is for everyone but it might be worth a look.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went by H&H and shot the Glock 23 and 36 yesterday. Enjoyed the 23 the best. Just wonder what holster everyone uses when they carry iwb and if it is tuckable as well. I also shot the sig 238 and was really shocked how good it felt, just didn't like the sa with a safety that small. Ruger wasn't there when I went by, but did get to check out the trigger on the LCP and LCR. I really liked the LCR trigger the best, but want to check out the S&W comparable pistols as well now. As far as Kahr CW9 goes I love there size, but can't stand their trigger (I am a Glock trigger guy). For those that mentioned the M&P, I love this pistol, but I kept dropping the mag when I shot them. I am leaning towards mouse gun/ small revolver now and getting the glock later on down the road, but will always keep my options open.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my LCP. I just picked up the LCP this spring for summer carry. Usually wearing cargo or jean shorts, otherwsie I carry my Glock 27 in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

I have a universal Velcro holster mounted to the console in my car. When I'm driving its easily accessible. When I get out its easy to slide the LCP in my front pocket or the Glock into the Crossbred.

Whatever you choose make sure you're comfortable carrying it all the time, otherwise it's really a waste of time and money. I went through many holsters before I found the Crossbreed and because I never really liked the way they fit or because I had to dress around the gun I very seldom ever carried. Now I have two guns I can carry comfortably no matter what I'm wearing and I'm NEVER without one... or 2 ;-)

Good luck on your purchase.

TJohn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went by H&H and shot the Glock 23 and 36 yesterday. Enjoyed the 23 the best. Just wonder what holster everyone uses when they carry iwb and if it is tuckable as well.

A Galco Ultra Deep Cover will work with a Glock 19/23, even though I think it is made more specically for a Glock 26/27, and it is tuckable with the right shirts. I usually carry a Glock 26 in mine but I have carried a Glock 19 at times with no problems, but the grip sticks out too much to suit me so I have stayed with the Glock 26 for most occaisions, but it will work.

I tried the Ruger LCP recently myself but being used to Glocks, I did not care for the trigger pull or reset on the LCP.

gyolai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
adeepsouthguns.com_dsguns_images_P238_TT_detail_L.gif

i like this one. Ive shot it a few times and love it!!! You can get these for about 550! Pricey but the bomb!!

Sig 238

Latest posts

Top Bottom