Help me pick a revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been wanting the Ruger SP101 Talo myself. Is purdy.

whichgun.com_img_firearms_revolvers_ruger_sp101_talo_edition_1.jpg

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W 686+ (a 7 shooter). Strong, extremely reliable, good looking, accurate as hell and a pleasure to shoot whether you're shooting 357 Mag or 38's. 38's are - my perception mind you - almost recoil free. Might as well be shooting 22's; that's how soft they feel out of that heavy ole gun. Mine's got a 5" barrel too - S&W occasionally makes them that way - or used to. Great wheel gun. Highly recommended.

Which kind'a makes me wonder why I never got one of it's big big brothers - the 629.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W 686+ (a 7 shooter). Strong, extremely reliable, good looking, accurate as hell and a pleasure to shoot whether you're shooting 357 Mag or 38's. 38's are - my perception mind you - almost recoil free. Might as well be shooting 22's; that's how soft they feel out of that heavy ole gun. Mine's got a 5" barrel too - S&W occasionally makes them that way - or used to. Great wheel gun. Highly recommended.

Which kind'a makes me wonder why I never got one of it's big big brothers - the 629.

I believe this is the SMith I have a picture of on the original post. What would one in good condition but used run?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe this is the SMith I have a picture of on the original post. What would one in good condition but used run?

Wish I could help ya Chops - but alas - even though I've got a safe full of guns and been buying and collecting since I was about 16 (64 now) I've never bought a used gun in my life and probably never will. I could tell you what I'd pay for a used S&W 686 in good condition but it would probably be way under what the current going rate is - so...

I'm sure someone will jump in and give you an estimate.

This can help but it isn't free: Blue Book of Gun Values but it isn't free.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of S&W Revolvers, I rarely shoot the 28-2 In the safe because I don't want to put more wear on it. It's not 100% finish wise but dang nice for it's age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom