Help with history/specs of this rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your responses - they are greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any idea as to the value of this rifle?

Regards,
Jonny

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea as to the value of this rifle?

You'd do well to post over on gunboards.
They have a Arisaka classified section that has a few of these that have sold of late.
As well as few that have sold in the general classifieds.
Should get a decent idea of value there.

Best guess without actually seeing it up close would be something in the $250-$350 range.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your responses - they are greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any idea as to the value of this rifle?

Regards,
Jonny

Depends on whether or not the numbers match, the condition of the bore, and if the stock has been refinished. The mum has been defaced, so that's a ding to the value, in the eyes of a collector. It's hard to tell from your pics, but it does look like someone applied a post-war finish to the stock, which is a serious ding to the value. Assuming the bore is good, the numbers do not match, and the stock has been refinished... I'd say a fair value would be in the neighborhood of $200-250. If it's all-matching, the bore is excellent, the stock has its original finish, then the value with a defaced mum would be closer to $400-450. However, my advice is worth what it cost you to get it :D Check around online, and you'll get a better sense of the rifle's value. Matching numbers matter more to a collector than a defaced mum, I can tell you that much. Ditto for an original finish.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When dad was in gun smithing school (colo school of trades) he and some of his class mates tested Arisaka by loading very hot rounds in it after about 3 or 4 the stock was cracked at the forearm and butt stock and they needed a hammer to open the bolt. He said it was early action and a late stock.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
also depends on the series of the rifle, ie series 12 nagoya, tokyo yuki kyogo etc etc. Is the stock sporterized at all? i cant see the front of it very well. Depending on if its all original or not not matching #'s i'd say about $200. I seen a very very nice T38 with an untouched mum on gunbroker go for $220.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like everyone has said it really depends.

With these old war horses a lot of things go into the value.
Plus knowing where to go to sell it will have a big impact of the value.

I've seen them go cheap and I've seen them go high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom