Help With Ruger Mkii Rip Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accel

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi I gave my ruger Mk II to a local gun store for full detailing. they said $40. now he called and said it was really bad when they opened it and it took more than three hours to clean it so he wants $120. He never called to ask before doing the work. am i being ripped off - can a Ruger Mk II take that long to strip down and clean completely? thanks

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, I'd have done it for $30. Of course, I might have told you to find somebody else to do it next time! :) I haven't taken one of those apart yet, but I hear they're a pain!

Besides, it should take 2 or 3 hours to clean a gun properly anyways... but then again, I'm kinda anal.

Thanks for the referral PD!

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did it without asking or aproval after you got a price?
You should let everyone know who did this to you so we don't deal with them.

If they did have to replace parts make sure you get the old parts they took out.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yup, I'd have done it for $30. Of course, I might have told you to find somebody else to do it next time! :) I haven't taken one of those apart yet, but I hear they're a pain!

Besides, it should take 2 or 3 hours to clean a gun properly anyways... but then again, I'm kinda anal.

Thanks for the referral PD!

Looks like you have to go to London to get it done.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom