Help with Tulsa County District Court Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Throw the summons in the trash. Not certified, it didn't happen. When I arrived for duty once I was told by the court clerk that they expect 30-40% of the people to show up.

I'm. It trying to say that people are not or should not be responsible for their civic duty, but there are many situations that supersede that duty and yours in my opinion(not an attorney) warrants excusing you from duty. Good luck.

This.
Nothing will come of it.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do not do this, in early Spring last year I got a jury notice for Tulsa County, I live in Osage county just barely. As I was in that line from Hell I notice a guy with his young son ahead of me by about 30 people. Once I got to the sign in people and told them my situation, they sent me to the County Clerks office. While I was waiting in there, the man and his son were waiting and he was on the phone telling someone that they were holding him in contempt for bringing his son and was waiting to talk to some judge. He was still there when I left.

If you got a summons for Tulsa County court and you are not a resident of Tulsa County, you should be able to notify the court clerk that you are not a resident of that county and get out of it.

My manager recently got a notice from Tulsa City court but he lives in Broken Arrow. He called the court clerk, told them that and they told him that he didn't have to bother showing up.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer, but I did see one on TV, plus I stayed at Holiday Inn for a couple of hours one afternoon.
3 times I have been summoned. Each time there was 1 person who stated that the person must be guilty or they wouldn't be on trial. Since they were guilty, they were a burden to him as a taxpayer and they should hang immediately. Each time, they were excused.

I, on the other hand, was getting a paid day off and wanted to serve. I was also dismissed all 3 times.

Go, sit for a few hours, the kids are in school and you may be excused outright. JMHO and an unqualified one, at that

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct response. I wouldn't do a danged thing any of the smarta$$es on this forum says if they are not a lawyer! It is your butt on the line.

Yep, I agree..A friend of mine had court duty in Virginia several years ago and wound up getting 10 days in jail and a 150 dollar fine..Contempt of court for acting stupid trying to get out of jury duty.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got chosen once in grady co. an when the attorney asked me if I thought he was even a little guilty just because he was there, I wanted to answer yes but I also wanted to serve on this jury so I said no. lol The dude was on trial for selling/ using meth and he looked like a class 1 meth head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom