Help with Tulsa County District Court Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need someone who is familiar with the court system in Tulsa county. I am the sole daytime caregiver for my two "special needs" grandchildren ages 9 and 11. I take them to school , pick them up and keep for their mom until she gets off work at 6:00. I keep getting jury summons and the jury clerk keeps telling me my situation does NOT constitute a hardship and all they can do for me is re-schedule. I'm retired...wife and daughter work ....REALLY?
Do I need to get an attorney or what? There has to be something that can be done. Kids and their mom live with us.
Help!

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
go the first day and say you dont like the gays and use racial slurs and tell them you are related to all involved and it doesnt matter to you they are all guilty. problem fixed

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Throw the summons in the trash. Not certified, it didn't happen. When I arrived for duty once I was told by the court clerk that they expect 30-40% of the people to show up.

I'm. It trying to say that people are not or should not be responsible for their civic duty, but there are many situations that supersede that duty and yours in my opinion(not an attorney) warrants excusing you from duty. Good luck.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can JB or any other attorney weigh in on this.....don't want to blow off a summons, anything I can do legally?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
go the first day and say you dont like the gays and use racial slurs and tell them you are related to all involved and it doesnt matter to you they are all guilty. problem fixed

Or just make a very public statement about how you believe in Jury Nullification. The prosecutor and judge won't be able to kick you out the door fast enough.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Show up for duty with your grandchildren and wait for them to call your name. (just a suggestion...I'm no expert)

Do not do this, in early Spring last year I got a jury notice for Tulsa County, I live in Osage county just barely. As I was in that line from Hell I notice a guy with his young son ahead of me by about 30 people. Once I got to the sign in people and told them my situation, they sent me to the County Clerks office. While I was waiting in there, the man and his son were waiting and he was on the phone telling someone that they were holding him in contempt for bringing his son and was waiting to talk to some judge. He was still there when I left.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I had to go (I was not chosen) there was an older farmer that was clearly not happy to be there. He was as civil as one can be but made sure everyone knew he was unhappy. Neither side wanted him and he was quickly excused.

The judge even asked him why he was so upset. he stated he had plenty of things to get done and sitting here listen to this crap wasn't helping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom