Hey fellow farmers types

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stake out!

I took the wife out earlier to accustom her to the reticle and sob, she was nailing them.. I started her at 50yds and told her to aim at the 6" plate, she said don't tell me what to do, next thing I knew she had 3" plates swinging.. After that 20 rd mag I gave her another and she took it out to 100 and again 6 "plates a rockin and even nabbed a 3", next mag she took it out to 150 and she hit mud and plates but she made me proud..
I sure wish that "other guy would get some time behind this reticle..
Primary-Arms-6X-Scope-with-the-Patented-ACSS-22LR-Reticle.jpg

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge they don't have to end up dead, but that will be the goal and yes you are correct, it is the owner..
A friend's dad had trouble with free range dogs after someone built a nice housing addition near his ranch. The neighbors got PO'd when Fluffy and several of its friends didn't come home one day, so they called the sheriff. The deputy got everyone involved together, listened to the neighbors loudly complain about their dead dogs, then asked my friend's dad how much the calves those dogs had killed had cost, and if he wanted to seek reimbursement from the dogs' owners.

That shut them up in a hurry.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This particular near by inhabitant is trash scum, not a neighbor.. Our fellow neighbors are all aware of this.. They're next door neighbors pond is full of trash that they allow to blow around.. They have 5 horses on less than five acres and no less than 4 dogs and they are all poorly cared for.. Horses look like bag of bones.. Most of the nearby neighbors we know as good upstanding people and if one of they're dogs did it I would contact them and likely receive an apology and reimbursment.. I said to the sheriffs office I wanted to make a telephone report, just for the record..
This sounds like Negleted Animals. Cowcatcher will know what I am talking about. I would be notifying the S.O. everytime you see the horses without any feed, hay or grass.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the wife out earlier to accustom her to the reticle and sob, she was nailing them.. I started her at 50yds and told her to aim at the 6" plate, she said don't tell me what to do, next thing I knew she had 3" plates swinging.. After that 20 rd mag I gave her another and she took it out to 100 and again 6 "plates a rockin and even nabbed a 3", next mag she took it out to 150 and she hit mud and plates but she made me proud..
I sure wish that "other guy would get some time behind this reticle..
Primary-Arms-6X-Scope-with-the-Patented-ACSS-22LR-Reticle.jpg
Allow me to intercede and recommend a larger more lethal caliber. I speak from experience if you want to put them down cleanly.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Catch them on your place and kill them. Haul them off, and keep your mouth shut.

If the neighbors are as you say, warning them will bring you nothing but trouble. You'll lose animals in retaliation, and might come home to find your home in ashes. Yeah, it can get that bad.

Unfortunately, you can't treat the disease in this case, just the symptom.

In my opinion you have two viable choices, get out of the poultry business, or kill the dogs as they appear on your place without a warning to their owners.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My aunt in law next door would not stop to shoot a dog messing her livestock. They high dollar cattle in the pasture, like when a calf drops its 5 grand in the pocket type of cattle. She will shot a dog if it steps into the pasture she don't care who's dog it is, or cat even if kills her livestock, chickens, messes with the goats. Even told me to take care of them if they chasing livestock.

Her mother now deceased, was dam good shot, take a .410 in middle of the night and blast a owl because he kept her awake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom