Hey Mac users!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google Chrome has caused more problems than I can keep up with. It crashes at least once a week, is clumsy, runs slow and/or freezes after saving bookmarks, etc.

I've heard other mac users who love it and haven't had any problems at all. I'm sticking with Safari.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mac and Windows suck!!! they are bloated, use alot of resources and you have to pay for functionality. lots of viruses too, not to mention the only way to fix them is by formating.

linux rocks. All free. runs faster. doesnt crash. viruses are almost non existent. it does everything i need it to.

just sayin......................

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mac and Windows suck!!! they are bloated, use alot of resources and you have to pay for functionality. lots of viruses too, not to mention the only way to fix them is by formating.

linux rocks. All free. runs faster. doesnt crash. viruses are almost non existent. it does everything i need it to.

OS X is Unix with a custom interface/GUI. Linux is a Unix clone with custom interfaces/GUIs.

Just sayin.....

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Chrome. I switched to a MacBook Pro a couple years ago. Normally I would be shopping for a new pc around this time because the old had gotten so slow. My performance on the mac is the same as the day I bought it. I love it.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mac vs PC in a nutshell...You know all of the massive communications and weapons systems the government uses? PC. You know all the massive prick hipsters at Starbucks? Mac

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Mac vs PC in a nutshell...You know all of the massive communications and weapons systems the government uses? PC. You know all the massive prick hipsters at Starbucks? Mac

This has to be the first time I've ever heard someone on OSA use the reasoning "The government does it, so it must be good."

EVAR!

A guy at work here has one of the new MacBook Pros with the Retina display... That thing is electronic sex if it's ever existed.

My work computer is pretty sweet though: i7 running 12gig triple channel ram, 120gig SSD, ATI firepro v5800, dual 23" HD monitors.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm sworn off of open source anything. I thank my Android phone for that. My iPhone has been rebooted a total of 3 times in about 4 months now. My Android was required to reboot at least every other day and sometimes I had to remove the battery even. I've had my share of apps that didn't work and am done with it. Open source is like pure anarchy, it's like an anything goes free-for-all in the Android app store. Meanwhile Apple won't put up with that chit if it's in their store. :thumb:
OS X is Unix with a custom interface/GUI. Linux is a Unix clone with custom interfaces/GUIs.

Just sayin.....
Beat me to it...
I use Chrome. I switched to a MacBook Pro a couple years ago. Normally I would be shopping for a new pc around this time because the old had gotten so slow. My performance on the mac is the same as the day I bought it. I love it.

That's exactly what I finally got my fill of. My PC machine is no slouch and the hardware is just great. I've just finally had it with Microsucks. Windows 7 was a vast improvement over Vista, but when your machine is a year old and it needs to have Windows reinstalled, that's just pathetic. I'm done with them. A place I used to work had an IBM engineering Unix worksation running Catia 3D CAD software. That thing would go over a year between reboots and nothing ever crashed. Ditto for the Silicon Graphics Unix box we had. Farther back than that we had DEC VMS workstations. Same thing, they just work.

Why Microsuck keeps selling is solely because it's cheap. That's what took me so long, I'd need a new machine and compare the cost. I'd see that an equivalent Mac would cost 3 times the Windows piece and buy the PC. If this thing goes 3 years or more I'll be money ahead. If it goes as long as that IBM it'll be like getting it for free, we used that IBM for 8 years and it was still going when I left! We did do one hardware and O/S upgrade in all that time and I'd bet that it wasn't rebooted more than a dozen times in all those years! :faint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom