Hey Tort Reform Advocates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do not need tort reform we need tort respect.

Who else is going to police comapanies and keep them honest. How many of you have a credit card? Odds are you signed up for arbitration. You now have no legal recourse against that company.

I am surprised so many here are against it when tort reform boils down to freedom. It LIMITS a persons judicial recourse.

Those of you who say that it would protect from outlandish lawsuits remember this. It might limit YOU when it is truly justified. Tort reform will not limit the outliers without taking away a lot of the truly justified cases.

We rely on a jury to decide the death penalty in this state; yet you want to limit a jury as to monetary decisions?

I am not a lawyer nor related to one.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not in favor of the proposed tort reform. But I would be in favor of court/legal system reform. After all it's very confusing, is it about money or justice?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is very little justice in our legal system and tort reform is just a first step, or at least it needs to be just a first step.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would like to propose a law that would pay me .25 of 1 percent of all lawyer fees! I don't deserve it as I have done nothing to help anyone but I sure would like to have it.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not, you guys imply that doctors are doing something wrong for making good money. I am just throwing it back at you.

Face it guys, if it is fair for one group it is fair for all especially since certain legal freedoms ARE guaranteed in the Constitution while healthcare is not. There is also the fact that you guys tend to push outside regulation for every business but your own. Either expect to play by the rules you try to force on everyone else or stop trying to make those rules. And yes I know government makes those rules but they always seem to come about because of lawyers.

If only it had a BIG BIG union.......... Lets just make sure that we keep the rules the same for everyone. Thats all I ask.

...but, but lawyers are special. Their "political branch" makes the laws which regulate everyone else so they must be better than every other profession. To say that lawyers need regulating is unAmerican and should be outlawed.

bahammer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If lawyers held themselves to the same standard they hold everybody else to I would have no problem with them. It is the trail lawyers group against the insurance co's, both want more. " It's not about the money" then the judge should say," Cool let's go home." If we made airplanes like lawyers practiced law, you couldn't go outside with out a helmet.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about we pass tort reform, and then pass a law stating that McDonald's has to serve you coffee at 110 degrees, because only lukewarm coffee is safe?

Because I am all about the government telling me what I am entitled to....

Latest posts

Top Bottom