hey XD guys input?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what if any problems are you fellow xd guys having? any suggested gear for carry? i just bought a new xd9 subcompact today a essential package just the gun a hard case, a full size 16rd and a compact 13rd magizene lock and ect. no xd gear though. i already have a good small flash light and carry a s&w knife, ccw class and app to follow soon. so any suggestions on a good cc holster and other gear or mods?
:woohoo1: I GOT A NEW GUN!!!!:woohoo1:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I don't have the subcompact 9mm I do have the compact 45 and I have not had one problem, no FTF or FTE.

Do your self a favor and right off the bat get a good stiff belt and a good holster. I have a Looper belt with the kydex in it and a K&D holster, the T-Bird defender.

You will end up paying more later if you don't get good gear at the start. Just my humble opinion.

hunter966

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the regular XD9 have a blackhawk serpa and a leather tagua for holster options, I use the Serpa at the range a lot, and it's not bad for CCW just sticks out a little far.

Went over 1k rounds with my XD before I cleaned it the first time, not a hiccup one out of the box.

I still carry the single stack 1911 alot more though the slimmer profile just works better.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea i plan to acquire a nice leather holster soon, providing i can scrape up the cash lol. I spent all my spending cash today on the pistol so it has to wait.....

gonfishin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a xd40 i went a bought a safariland holster it has a paddle or a attachment to go on it for a belt i like it really well works perfect. As far as having problems with my springfield i have no problems at in my opinion it is a solid gun

jtyler05si

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have XD9SC. I have fired roughly 700 rounds so far, everything from store bought to reloads, 115 gr to 147 gr, jhp to fmj; and I have yet to have a single issue.
I have a don hume IWB holster and a Crossbreed SuperTuck. I use the Crossbreed 90% of the time. I use the Don Hume for around the house sometimes and I keep the gun in it while storing it or whatever.
I would recommend both holsters any day. Which one you might like depends on the style you like.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the XD40 no problems, I would trust it with my life. I'm now looking for an XD9 V10.

A big plus one on the belt. No matter what holster you get, you want it to stay put.

Latest posts

Top Bottom