Hi Folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I would introduce myself as I just joined the site and like reading your posts.
I'm a wife, mother and after a few years, I've gotten my husband on board with prepping after convincing him that it is similar to having insurance as we do in other aspects of life.
I've been teaching myself how to do food storage (dehydrate & can) but I admit I'm still novice at best. I grew up on a self-sustaining farm where I learned a bit about keeping bees and animal husbandry. I have worked in the animal field my entire life, both in breeding and veterinary tech sides. I wish I paid more attention to the gardening, but I'm learning that one (albeit unsuccessful this past year). I've got a nice stash of ammo & firearms and plan to get my first deer this season!

I'm not native to OK and was wondering if there are any groups that have informational meetings about food storage, canning, etc in central OK? I've gone to groups where I lived previously, but can't seem to find any around here...

I look forward to learning lots on here from you and contributing my knowledge when I can.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woot: HEYA!! There is a small group of us that gets together once a month for breakfast. Then there are the FatGuys who get together to shoot and have dinner (sometimes shoot, sometimes have dinner :D) and a lot of them are pretty handy fellas too! Cute as buttons, they all are too! :naughty:

We are all novices at some things ... and better at others ... depending on where our interests lie ... but the most important thing is we like to get together and have fun and we like to trade ideas and info.

If you'd like to join us for breakfast watch this forum. I'll post the date about a week before ...

We're glad to have you here!

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woot: HEYA!! There is a small group of us that gets together once a month for breakfast. Then there are the FatGuys who get together to shoot and have dinner (sometimes shoot, sometimes have dinner :D) and a lot of them are pretty handy fellas too! Cute as buttons, they all are too! :naughty:

We are all novices at some things ... and better at others ... depending on where our interests lie ... but the most important thing is we like to get together and have fun and we like to trade ideas and info.

If you'd like to join us for breakfast watch this forum. I'll post the date about a week before ...

We're glad to have you here!

Awesome! I'd love breakfast!
Yes, unfortunately, I'm living in a subdivision with an HOA, so no farm animals for me currently. All the talk of everyone's cattle, chickens and rabbits have me jealous! Can't WAIT to move! So, I've turned my interest to gardening, but I can't believe how BAD I am at it! At least I have my dad to give advice over the phone, but he's so over my head sometimes that I get lost... I managed to get about 5 radishes, 6 acorn squash (volunteer out of my crappy compost pile) and a tiny, bitter carrot. Oy... ::hangs head:: I've got so much to learn!

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! I'd love breakfast!
Yes, unfortunately, I'm living in a subdivision with an HOA, so no farm animals for me currently. All the talk of everyone's cattle, chickens and rabbits have me jealous! Can't WAIT to move! So, I've turned my interest to gardening, but I can't believe how BAD I am at it! At least I have my dad to give advice over the phone, but he's so over my head sometimes that I get lost... I managed to get about 5 radishes, 6 acorn squash (volunteer out of my crappy compost pile) and a tiny, bitter carrot. Oy... ::hangs head:: I've got so much to learn!

we are in the exact same boat. I feel your HOA & suckish gardening skill pain.!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom