High-End AR Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of folks like BCM's stuff - is it really all its cracked up to be?

It's not necessarily that they are 'high end'. The BCM guns are made to adhere to the same TDP that Colt does. They are an excellent gun for the money if you need a good working gun or something like that. If you want something that looks pretty enough that you can pull out of the safe and periodically 'posturbate' pictures online of it then you might ought to find something with a few more zeroes on the price tag and more 'ooo and ahhhh' behind the name. If you want to shoot the piss out of it a BCM would do you just fine as would an LWRC or LaRue.

As for the rest?
Meh.

Ek

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as your list goes I would choose the LWRC, and don't really think the Ruger should be there.

I would look at the Noveske's like some others mentioned, I think they still have Pac-Nor make their barrels and in my opinion Pac-Nor is as good as it gets.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, thank you. This is going to be a lifetime AR, that will yes eventually get the piss shot out of it. So I want it to be a good one. I'll look at the LMT, & the Noveske. H&H has a LWRC though that i'm about to run down.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
For the money they ask for the Wilson, you would get a much better rifle with the J.P. CTR-02, and John builds rifle the way you want it. I think of all the rifles mentioned here they are far the best! I have two of them and both are 1/2 minute rifles with good loads, and they are built like a safe! KurtM

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For the money they ask for the Wilson, you would get a much better rifle with the J.P. CTR-02, and John builds rifle the way you want it. I think of all the rifles mentioned here they are far the best! I have two of them and both are 1/2 minute rifles with good loads, and they are built like a safe! KurtM

I run a lot of JP components on my scoped 18" AR.
Good stuff, maynard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom