High Rent Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was helping a friend move and he will no longer be renting as he bought a place.
He was paying 1200 a month for a nice 3 bedroom home and the new rent for the place will be 1600.

The landlord a friend of mine said a 2 bed apartment 200 yards away gets 1400 for a 2 bedroom.
Another friend was here a few days ago I was installing a muffler on his mustang and he said their rent near Overholser in a 2 bed was 950 a month and this year rent increased to 1500 a month.

WOW!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was helping a friend move and he will no longer be renting as he bought a place.
He was paying 1200 a month for a nice 3 bedroom home and the new rent for the place will be 1600.

The landlord a friend of mine said a 2 bed apartment 200 yards away gets 1400 for a 2 bedroom.
Another friend was here a few days ago I was installing a muffler on his mustang and he said their rent near Overholser in a 2 bed was 950 a month and this year rent increased to 1500 a month.

WOW!

On inquiring as to whether we were going to rent our old house or sell..... we were quoted ~$1 a sq ft for rent. This was Broken Arrow. I'm going to sell it, but the rent prices now make it tempting.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may be
Yea its ********
But I’m not sure it’s all the landlord’s fault. Just received my property taxes which went up to $4,000 this year and home owners insurance increased over 40% the past two years. Really can’t expect them to just absorb all that and not pass it on to the tenant. What’s really bull pucky is this was all avoidable by NOT shutting down the country. Grrrrrrrrr 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬. Something has to give, I don’t see how people are going to make it with all these crazy increases. 8.3% is a lie, at least with everything I buy which has all increased 18%-60%.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may be

But I’m not sure it’s all the landlord’s fault. Just received my property taxes which went up to $4,000 this year and home owners insurance increased over 40% the past two years. Really can’t expect them to just absorb all that and not pass it on to the tenant. What’s really bull pucky is this was all avoidable by NOT shutting down the country. Grrrrrrrrr 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬. Something had to give, I don’t see how people are going to make it with all these crazy increases. 8.3% is a lie, at least with everything I buy which has all increased 18%-60%.
Amen but a lot of middle income workers going to be on the street if something doesn’t break soon…i saw it coming and signed a long term lease about a year ago

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are Rookie numbers
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/apa/7555552072.html
I certainly do not miss renting, express I ally apartment living. A 2br apartment in not the best neighborhood was $2000 in Seattle a decade ago. Had my.deposit taken and fees added despite.having it professionally cleaned. I once had a land lord that attempted to charge me because "it needs a new roof."

Latest posts

Top Bottom