High Rent Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you sell it and could afford to rent it instead, I'll just say you're losing money. You make much more than a rent check when you have a rental house.

The reason rental prices are going up are many, but the main ones are ONE BILLION DOLLAR SCHOOL BONDS (HOLY SHEEP BATMAN), Taxes, and Insurance. Renters vote for every school bond and city bond (Maps 4?) then wonder why rent is on the rise.

Build Back Better my hairy sack.

I can afford it, I just want to reinvest in a smaller house, rather 2 for the price of this one. I really don't like the rental market for the price point this house is in. For reference the rent would be close to $3K a month. I'd rather have houses where the rent was cheaper.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
50,000,000 people who aren't legally supposed to be here all "needing" a place to live and you #&*!&ers *gleefully* both employing *and* renting to them makes me sick.

fire your illegal employees, your business goes under (it should), you lose the house you couldn't afford (that's why you are making someone else pay 1.75x your mortgage), and you go to jail.

now what is rent price? oh....whaddya know it's fixed.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can afford it, I just want to reinvest in a smaller house, rather 2 for the price of this one. I really don't like the rental market for the price point this house is in. For reference the rent would be close to $3K a month. I'd rather have houses where the rent was cheaper.
Too bad you can’t sell now with the still a little inflated market and wait a couple years to buy

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you sell it and could afford to rent it instead, I'll just say you're losing money. You make much more than a rent check when you have a rental house.

The reason rental prices are going up are many, but the main ones are ONE BILLION DOLLAR SCHOOL BONDS (HOLY SHEEP BATMAN), Taxes, and Insurance. Renters vote for every school bond and city bond (Maps 4?) then wonder why rent is on the rise.

Build Back Better my hairy sack.
Thats why i have always said that property owners should be the only ones that gets to vote on school bonds and property tax increases

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see that. We've got a couple of 3k's and the renovation cost is high, but turnover is extremely low and maintenance is much, much less than the $1500/month places. Anything under $900 a month I don't mess with anymore because the tenants are just as likely to cook meth in it as live in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom